Chapter 47

Jahmir

Eighteen years of life. As sad as it is, so many people don't even live to be this age anymore. I've had the luxury to become an adult. Most people don't exactly view eighteen year olds as adults though. Especially not when you're still in high school.

My eighteenth birthday was by far the best birthday I've ever had. Faye and I went to eat at this really nice, rooftop restaurant. Everyone was nice and in good spirits. The vibe was right. Because the night was going perfectly fine, I decided to make a big move.

 Because the night was going perfectly fine, I decided to make a big move

Katelynn and I have been through a lot together. We had a lot of rocky moments in our friendship. She didn't want to fully let me in. Ever since she did, though, we are in a really good space relationship wise. It only seemed right to make a promise to her that we'd  be husband and wife some day. She is the only girl I can ever truly see myself with.

She was so excited to get her ring. She didn't expect for me to surprise her on my birthday. I'd been planning on doing so for a while now though. That's  exactly why I started working harder. I wanted to give her a ring that I bought with my hard earned money. Not money that was just given to me. She wouldn't have cared either way though.

I never expected to be in love at such a young age, but I've fallen deeply for her. It started when we were younger. Now all I want to do is grow older with her.

Never thought I'd say this, but it feels good to be back in Atlanta. Savannah was very peaceful, but all good things come to an end. At least it's Thanksgiving and we don't have to go back to school yet though.

When we got back to our neighborhood, there were at least ten cars already parked in Pop's driveway. It was only around noon and people were already showing up. I know why though. Pops loves to host Thanksgiving  dinner. He's done so even after grandma passed away. The holiday's were so much fun when she was alive. She made the holidays actually feel like holidays. Pops does too, but I just miss grandma so much. Nothing will be the same without her. I promised myself to just enjoy the day though.

"I just got the best idea." I chuckled as I opened the door for Kaelynn.

"You went from looking like a sad puppy to looking sneaky." I shut the door then we went to my trunk. "What did you have in mind?"

Pops sent me this very long list of all the things forgot to pick up from the store. I think he 'forgot' those things because he hates going to the grocery store. If he needed all of these things, then I couldn't imagine what he's cooked already.

"Where's your ring?"

She slightly raised an eyebrow at me before showing me her hand. "These slow moments don't look cute on you bae."

"Whatever boo boo. I just thought maybe you took it off so you wouldn't get drool all over it."

I chucked when she lightly hit my arm. Her pouty lips were cute enough to kiss. Before I could, though, my cousins Harvey and Eric came over with some heavy set dude following them.