Chapter 1

{Kaelynn}

My eyes slowly opened. The first thing that captured my attention was the hair sprawled all in my face. Apparently he forgot to put his hair up before he went to sleep. With a faint smile, I gently ran my fingers through his hair. Once my vision cleared, I sat up and looked over at him. Of course he was still sound asleep. I'm usually the one who gets up first, mainly because I don't sleep that good.

"Jahmir..."

Me whispering his name didn't even make him move. Lately he has been doing a whole lot, so he's always really tired. He told me that he barely had time to get four hours of sleep every night. Me personally, if I don't have at least seven hours of sleep, I won't be able to properly function.

Jahmir and I have known each other for twelve years. I had just turned seven years old while he was almost six. Granted I'm glad we met each other, I wish it was because of better terms. He moved with his grandparents since his father passed away. His mother had so much going on that she neglected to find the time to take care of him.

Being a mother is something that I used to say I never wanted to be. For some reason, though, when I turned seventeen, that's all I could think about. I would love nothing more than to have a boy and girl. It's okay for kids to spend time with their grandparents, but as long as I'm alive I will never let their grandparents raise them. What kind of a mother does that? I understand that financial troubles may come up, but why completely neglect your responsibilities? It isn't fair to the child. No one on this Earth had the ability to choose what family they were born in to.

Since Jahmir showed no signs of waking up any time soon, I got out of bed.

I went into my bathroom to start my morning routine. My morning routine consisted of me doing something to my hair, washing my face, and showering.

Tears rolled down my face as I observed my body in the mirror. My towel accidentally slipped down while I was trying to tuck a piece of hair back into my scarf. This was the first time in a while that I'd seen my naked body. Most people would probably look at themselves in the mirror as they dry their body, but I couldn't. For the longest time I've hated what I saw.

"Fat ass."

"She has a huge head."

"I bet she can't see her feet when she looks down. All that blubber has to stop her from seeing them."

"The only thing that's cute about her is her weave. Ugly bitches have the best weave."

"Her face is so damn fat and she doesn't even have a neck."

"Look at her muffin top! That bitch knows she needs to wear bigger clothes. They probably don't even make clothes for her actual size."

Fat. Fat. Fat!

All my life, I've been insulted because of my weight. I hate being so fat. Even though I try my best to keep my face cute, my body is ugly. W-

I heard my door handle move, so I quickly wrapped my towel around myself. Of course it wasn't big enough to cover my whole body, though. One of my arms rested against my breast as I held the lower part of my towel closed with my other hand.