Chapter 15

{Kaelynn}

Today has been horrible. I've been embarrassed time after time today. I'm beyond ready to go home, but the day is far from over.

In every single class I have been embarrassed. In first, second, and fifth, Jahmir was there to come to my defense. In the classes we don't have together, I was all alone. Jahmir is way more outspoken than I am. I can't be bold like him. I can't let people know they're hurting my feelings. They'll only laugh harder and pick on me more.

So here I am at the last class of the day: Gym. The class that I fear the most.

"Good evening kids." The gym teacher greeted people as we walked in. "Go ahead and get dressed out then come to the bleachers."

Wow, the first day and we already have to exercise.

I went to the locker room and headed straight for the back. There were a lot of girls who were standing in a group and changing. I'd be way too embarrassed to do that. They wouldn't want to see me anyway.

I went into a empty shower and made sure to securely close the curtain. The gym clothes I chose were pants and a shirt. A lot of those girls had little shorts. I knew I couldn't wear anything like that though.

As soon as I came out of the shower, I bumped into Kayla. Much to my surprise, she didn't look at me with disgust as usual. I still haven't apologized to her. She probably doesn't expect one.

"You were right." She said motioning down to the sweatpants she was wearing. "They made me change before first period."

I told her they would. She should have just listened and put on something else.

"I didn't know you had this class."

She shrugged. "Well I do. Anyway let me change."

She left me standing there. I signed then went out to the bleachers to wait for everyone. It took like four rows to fit everyone in, so that made me think we had way too many students. Maybe they allow more students in gym classes because of how huge the gym is.

"For those of you that don't know me, I am Coach Brown or Coach B. Already I see some major violations in the dress code, so let me tell you all my ground rules."

She gave the same speech she gave back when I was in ninth grade. I'm embarrassed that I even have to damn be in here. I have to do it to graduate though. For some dumb ass reason gym is a requirement.

After her talk, we did some stretches. Luckily I was able to stand behind everyone and do them. I didn't want them staring at me and laughing at me.

"Alright now. Today we are going to do a few fitness activities to see where you are. Over the weeks, I expect you all to progress. You should be able to do more and more of them in the one minute that you'll recieve to do them. I'll allow you all to have partners. Choose them now."

Everyone moved around and found partners quickly. I ended up being the only one without a partner, which caused all eyes to be on me.

Kayla simply came over and grabbed me by my wrist. She didn't say a single word as she lead me back over to her partner, Kiki.

One half of us started with the floor exercises, while the other half started with the jogging up top on the indoor track. Our group had to do the floor exercises.