He's My Knight In Shining Armour

Comincia dall'inizio

Jason comes out of his room to meet me in mine. He was also wearing gold, a nice gold and sparkly button up shirt but he left the top few buttons unbuttoned, his chest hair poking through that opening. He was wearing some black jeans and nice black shoes. He complimented my outfit which was surprisingly his idea, said it would be easier to find me? And also thought it would lift my spirits even more if we matched so here we were...matching. I'm putting in my earrings, to finish off my outfit.

"Are we ready to go?" I ask as I slip the post of the earring into my left earlobe.

"We have to wait for Luke"

I take a step away from my mirror and look at Jason, annoyed.

"Jason?! Why?"

He's taken aback and stares at me for a hot minute before answering "Why are you so upset? It's Luke we're talking about. You guys are friends? What is the big deal?"

I huff and cross my arms over my chest, blowing some hair out of my face, I wasn't sure what I could tell him. It's a big deal because Luke has been ignoring me for like the past month? It's a big deal because I don't want to be spending any time with him because of our secret relationship you know nothing about?

"It's fine I guess, sorry I overreacted" I mumble instead, walking away before he could continue this conversation. I hear the door downstairs open and Luke call out to Jason.

"Let's go!"

I follow Jason downstairs and my eyes meet with Luke's. He's wearing a black v-neck shirt, with black tight pants and black combat boots and this time he left his leather jacket behind and replaced it with just a jean one.

 He looked good yes but I could tell he wasn't happy to see me. Jason was down the stairs before me and I watch Luke pull him aside, his eyes darting to me. I roll my own eyes, knowing damn well they were talking about me. As I get closer I hear Luke asking why I was going with them.

"Am I interrupting something?" I ask sweetly and innocently.

Luke doesn't say anything and just heads out the front. Jason shrugs and wraps an arm around my shoulder leading me out the front door as well. We all pile into Luke's jeep quickly as it was freezing outside, Jason asked if I wanted to sit in the front since that was my go to spot for car rides but I declined because I didn't want to deal with jerk Luke tonight. Nothing would ruin this mood.

Jason and Luke talked with each other the whole way there. Jason tried to include me in on the conversations but for the most part I just sit back and stay silent. I noticed Luke glancing at me in the rearview mirror several times throughout the ride. I just give him a smug look back but that didn't stop him at all from looking back at me the whole way there. When we all walk in to the party a lot of people turn to stare at us, I mean, who wouldn't? We were a great looking group of people.

I notice some girls I have class with and knew well and run over to join them. They welcome me in with open arms and we stand around for a good few minutes just complimenting each other. I loved it. They gave me two beers in which I took graciously, downing one of them immediately to catch up to the girls. Tonight was going to be great, I just knew it.

[Luke POV]

I didn't understand why Kadence was here? Jason told me last that she was just crying in her room and probably wasn't going to go. I felt like absolute shit when I figured out Mason broke up with her. I wanted to hold her and comfort her when Jason finally told me after Christmas. It wasn't my place to be her shoulder to cry on but I desperately wanted to be there. I finally understood why she was texting me so much the last few days. It was about her breakup.