Chapter 22

Meanwhile, with Kira:

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a bunch of confused tailed beasts. And, as if that wasn't enough, I saw what my body was doing on a screen in the middle of them. Without me having any say in it, my body was reacting on the instinct to protect its loved ones, even though he was dead right then.

Looking away from the carnage on the screen, I got up, drawing attention to myself. They all turned and looked at me before their jaws dropped. Honestly, they looked like they'd seen a ghost.

"Kai-chan? How did you get here?" Kuruma asked, coming out of his shock first.

 It took me a minute to connect the nickname, but I soon remembered that Gramps Wolf Sage had called me Lady Kaida and said he had met me as a child. While that sort of made sense, knowing the tailed beasts didn't make any.

"I don't know, Kuruma. I don't remember very much of my life before I was found in the desert."

"Then, you don't know us? What all do you remember?" asked Son Goku.

"Only your names, and not much else."

They all looked down, depressed. I hurried to reassure them.

 "It's ok, we can get to know each other again. And I'm sure that I'll get my memories back eventually." 

I glanced back at the screen in time to see Naru put a suppression seal on me, making me collapse and the screen turn black. 

"Would you mind if we stay here talking until I wake up?"

And that's how I ended up getting reacquainted with the biju. I found out that the six tails, Saiken, loves poki, and will get in fights with Kuruma about if poki or dango are better. Isobu, the three tails, likes sushi better, but doesn't care for fighting. He'd rather everyone just shut up. Matatabi got into the argument them, saying that barbeque is much better that any sweets.

Shukaku decided that they were all talking loud as a competition, and started yelling over them about deserts. Choumei got in an argument with Shukaku about deserts, saying they were too hot and dry. She was adamant that swamps and forests were much better. And that is how my head ended up as a battleground for tailed beasts.

The only one who held back from the argument was Gyuuki, who actually wanted to talk about me and how I've been doing. It was nice, getting to know them. They acted like they were my younger siblings, vying for my attention. My vision started getting dark, so I yelled out a quick "See ya later!" before waking up in a field.

Everyone was there, and Gaara was laying on the ground with Naruto crying in front of him. I quickly got up and joined him, letting out a long, mournful howl. 

Granny Chiyo came over afterwards and stared using her life exchange jutsu to bring Gaara back. When Naru offered his chakra for her to use, I offered as well, laying one of my paws in his hand.

Gaara woke up quickly after that and, after licking his cheek in welcome, I went over to Lady Chiyo, who was still alive. I nudged her with my head, and used her life exchange technique on her. Because she hadn't died yet, I was able to keep her alive without dying.

I was dog tired after all that had happened, so Gaara sent me ahead to show that everyone was alright. Baki would ask me yes or no questions to find out what happened. This was, I could get there faster and sleep longer. I took off to do as I was asked right away, making it back to Suna before the day ended.

Baki took one look at me and sent me off to get some sleep before reporting. I couldn't stay down long, however. After sleeping for an hour and eating something at the barbeque place (which made Matatabi start up again), I went back to the Kazekage tower.

After I was questioned and they found out everyone was ok, I went to the gates to wait for them. Gaara and the others showed up soon after that, and everyone from Konoha were given treatment at the hospital. While they were getting treated, I snuck in another hour long nap before going to the gates with everyone else.

While I we were there, Kakashi told Gaara that Lady Tsunade hoped that I could go to Konoha with them to help protect Naruto, who still carried his tailed beast. 

"She asked me to tell you to remember the part of the treaty about Kira's abilities, and that she's cashing it in now."

That settled it. Anyway, not much happens in Suna before the Kage summit. And so, when Gaara looked over at me, asking what I thought, I nodded at him before talking to Kakashi.

"Yeah, I'll go. It's a small price to pay to be able to use my abilities to the fullest. Tell Gaara I'll be back at the next Kage summit. I'm Naru's friend, too. Tell Gaara I'll miss him, would you?"

Kakashi agreed and relayed my message, looking confused about the Kage summit part. Well, that's because it isn't planned yet, but I do know that there will be one before too long. 

Anyway, if I want to save Tachi I need to stay with them until just before Nagato attacks, and if I'm there then I might as well help with that.

As soon as Naru and the others showed up and everyone said their goodbyes, including me giving Gaara a type of bear hug, we left for Konoha. Kakashi was still tired and lagging behind, so Gai picked him up on his back and ran off toward Konoha. 

When Lee asked Neji to jump on his back, I just walked over and pushed Lee onto my back before running after them, wagging my tail. I always wanted to race against Gai.