Chapter Five.

A glass of beer to numb the pain or maybe a bottle of whiskey to help me forget...for now.

(Whiskey Lullaby-****)

I walked into one of the liquor stores close to where i live.The place felt like home,not because of my now common behaviour of getting myself a bottle or more of liquor everyday after school,but because everytime i walked in,i could see us running around the store to see who can count the number of bottles left after we picked up what we had come in for.You,a bottle of  whiskey and i was incharge of getting the beers.Lol thinking about it i still wonder why we did that because i must admit i never liked beers and you really sucked at picking up the right whiskey bottle.Or we did that plainly because we always picked up the same bottle of our poisons everyday so it was not quite a hustle.You liked tuborg,I still remember when i first tasted it,mainly because you had mentioned on how much you fucked with that beer.Jeez i really did like you.Considering i just took the beer to find out what it had that made you like it.That maybe if i knew, i would try to make myself better so that you may only have eyes for me.Crazy how i was jealous of a beer bottle.That maybe you may love it more that you did me."That would be a thousand shillings maam,"the cashier spoke making me quickly come back to reality.I gave her the last note i had and picked up the two bottles of whiskey on the counter.It had been my fourth time this week since i had been to the liquor store and i sure as hell had spent every last penny i had on alcohol.I chuckled as i imagined how angry you would get if you would have seen me using the only cash i had to get liquor.And not one bottle ,two.I  am not an alcoholic though,or so i think.I am just not a fan of walking all the way to the liquor store everytime i needed to escape reality.So i figured getting liquor in large quantities will help reduce the hustle.The walk back home was draining and tiresome considering the sun was up shining brightly on my overly exposed forehead and the rude glances i got from passerbys did not make the situation better.Reason is i was practically still carrying the liquor bottles in my hand not giving a shit what anyone thought.I mean no one bought them for me so fuck whatever they think.I got home tired and went straight to my room locking the door behind me.I never wanted my mother to find me in my miserable state.Yes i had lost all care of what the world thought,but i still had respect for my mother.Throwing my bag on the floor and placing the bottles on my bed, i changed into one of your shirts and sat on my bed.This one had a picture of Bart in  sun glasses and i think it still smelled of you.I would never drink again.I had said this words a thousand times to you but still failed at keeping that promise.Funny how i blamed you for never keeping your promises when i never tried to keep the ones i had made to you.But trust me i had really tried to stop.You were the reason i kinda stopped taking liquor actually.And you were the reason i went back to the bottle.Not really because i wanted to let you down,but because baby it made me feel less of what i was feeling.It made everything better.For a while.And you know one thing,you were just like liquor,but of the expensive and rare kind,a limited edition.And when i did afford you,you came into my life,made me all happy for a while and when your time came ,just like that you faded away.And just like liquor,left me with a hangover to nurse forever.