HS Version 2 - Ch 2

Start from the beginning

I grinned secretively. 'Well... No, no numbers.'

David and Sam both inspected me carefully.

'But you met someone?' David enquired.

'I didn't exactly meet them, or I did but-'

'More than one? Nathan! You're too much!' Sam groaned, grabbing his heart with one hand and the bus stop we'd stopped at with the other. An old lady peered at us anxiously.

'Shut up,' I sighed. The guy was so embarrassing sometimes.

David laughed softly.

'Listen it was just one girl but two of her friends were drunk on the floor beside her. '

'Awesome, drunk babes! Take 'em, rape 'em, 'n' stake 'em.'

This time the old lady looked seriously nervous and strode away quickly, clutching her large, distasteful bag close to her.

'Shit! Shut up Sam! Besides, what are you trying to say? I like easy girls?'

'Well you did say you hate it when you're "having fun" with a girl and they want to get serious. What's more fun than a girl who won't remember you the next day? And two! At the same time!' Sam exhaled in ecstasy and rolled his eyes back.

'My days Sam, would you like me to tell Holly?'

'Oh please. You're single and I'm not, I need to live through you, do you hear me?'

I raised an eyebrow.

'I mean, last week, that night you had with Ana P. had me going for nights! You may not have explained in great detail, but dreams are wonderful for filling up such features...'

'Oh now that is disturbing Sam!' I moaned. 'Why don't you just have sex with Holly more often and leave me out of it?'

Sam smiled distractedly, 'because for me, with Holly, it isn't all about sex. When I'm with her, I forget all that kind of stuff. You know, I mean, when we do it, it's amazing-'

'You are joking...' I interrupted.

'But with her, I'm not constantly thinking about ripping her clothes off, you know? When we talk, it's deep, and when I'm just lying on the floor holding her hand, I'd like it to last forever... And when she falls asleep before me, I can't sleep because watching her makes me smile, I don't want to close my eyes... There's no point dreaming sexy thoughts, when reality is so much better.'

'Okay, seriously, the sick is flowing out of my mouth now...' I wailed.

I glanced at David and raised my eyebrows alarmed; I swear he was looking a bit tearful. I punched him in the shoulder, 'want to feel that way too Dave?'

He shrugged away from me with a small smile, 'bus.'

'Eh, you'll get there someday Nate...'

'Hope not,' I said drily.

'Yeah,' Sam grinned as the bus paused in front of us, 'you're too good at it to ever want to give that up eh? If my dreams are anything to go by anyway. You never go too early, and you know all the right moves to make, and places to touch-'

'Please stop...' I begged.

Both of us turned to David as he elbowed us. He was absolutely red in the face and had raised an eyebrow as if to tell us that we were now on a public bus.

Other than those who had earphones in or people who decided that boys thinking about each other starring in personal pornographic movies were normal, everyone was staring at us, disturbed, barring the bus driver. He did look at us through the mirror quite frequently though, a dangerous expression on his face.