HS Version 2 - Ch 2

*A/N*

Sorry it's taken a while putting this up! It took me a while to pick a quote that would be appropriate! Hope you enjoy it anyway...

:)

Chapter Two

When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams. Dr Seuss

Nathan

'Going out!' I called out as I shut the door behind me and headed for the stairs of the block of flats I lived in -the lift was broken. The door was shut before mum could say anything, but I knew she wouldn't have anyway. Sundays and Tuesday were her day off from M&S, so on those days she'd get out of bed at around eleven, cradling her hung-over head and drink coffee, then have a fag. By one o'clock though, she'd be having a can of Scrumpy again or downing a bottle of wine.

It was Sunday and so she had started her fatal routine. She was in the middle of her fourth cigarette.

As soon as I left the block of flats, I saw the guys messing about on a set of bike racks.

It was Sam and David. As usual though, it was Sam doing all the messing about. David just sat calmly, a few racks away, watching as Sam writhed unattractively on the metal objects.

Funnily enough, it was Sam who had the most stable relationship out of all of us. He'd been going out with his girlfriend, Holly, for almost a year and a half now. Tony the only other person who currently had a girlfriend -Summer- kept breaking up and making up with her every week. Ian had just broken up with his girlfriend, Charis, and was trying to get over her. We were all kind of glad that she was gone; she'd been a total bitch and was getting on all our nerves. David hadn't had a girlfriend for almost three years now, and apart from the occasional drunken kiss or dare, hadn't really kissed someone either. He'd always brushed it off, embarrassed, when we'd joked that he was really romantic and was waiting for the right person, but most of us thought that was the case.

'Nathan!' Sam shouted before letting out a little "oomph" after falling to the floor. He stood up almost immediately though, not an ounce of embarrassment in his expression at all, and rushed over to me giving me an over eager hug; it was his kind of thing.

'Guess what!' His eyes were wide as he brushed a ginger strand from his face. I glanced at David for a clue but he only carried on grinning as he walked toward us, not giving anything away.

'What?' I asked Sam reluctantly.

'Holly's parents are going out on Friday till Sunday night. I'll be able to go over again. And she's had a key made for me!'

I grinned, 'that's great, can we go now?'

And off we went, Sam nattering on and on about how great Holly was for the five hundredth time that week. They were such an unfortunately perfect couple. It's like when two people started going out and were really slushy and romantic... Except it didn't wear off after two weeks or so... It just kept going on. Which was great for them...

Truth was, the going over to her house thing would be much more exciting if Holly's parents didn't go off on business for a weekend every two months or so, and each time they went since Sam and Holly had started going out, Sam had gone. It was funny, because after all of that, they'd still only had sex twice, and that was after they'd gotten carried away. They were so weird, but as I said before, so perfect for each other.

Last time we'd asked them what they'd done and he said, 'watched Titanic, cried a bit, snogged a bit, ordered a pizza and then fell asleep on the floor.'

That was the kind of innocent stuff you did with girls when their parents were home so you looked trustworthy.

'Nate, I'm surprised you didn't pick someone up at the gig last night. I thought when you said you'd lost your wallet you were just making some excuse to talk to some girl...' Sam joked. 'I'm kind of disappointed. You at least got a number, right?'