Chapter 17

Celeste's POV

A few days passed by and I have been having sleepless night. Jason was constantly on my mind and that was making me go crazy. Maybe I should call him but I don't even have his number. I have a meeting today so I need to get to the office in a few hours. Switching on my screen, I stared at it for a few minutes before putting it back down. I have actually been keeping myself busy for past few days to avoid thinking about Jason for some unknown reasons but it was all in vain as he kept coming to my mind. Suddenly my phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID and it was an unknown number. "Hello," I said as I picked up. "Hello Celeste," I heard the thick voice of Jason answer through the phone. Damn just by his voice I feel affected. "Jason," I said almost in a whisper. "I have been meaning to call you but I have been really busy," he said and I told him that it was all fine. "So maybe we could meet up," I told him and I swear this conversation was kind of awkward as I didn't know what to really talk about. "Yea sure. You can come to the hotel I'm staying at and we can have lunch," he said and I agreed. After that, we both hung up and I immediately started to feel nervous. Okay when I meet him, I'll tell him all about what happened that night and why I left. I know he has the right to know so why beat around the bush. I want to clear out everything between us.

As I was getting ready, I was getting so nervous as I was looking through all my clothes to choose the perfect outfit to wear. Well I'm not trying to impress him but I wanna look good. Yea I definitely do not want to impress him.  "Why does everything look so ugly to me right now," I asked myself as I was going through my closet. Finally picking out an outfit which took an eternity, I got to my car and drove to the address that he sent me.

After about fifteen minutes, I reached the hotel. Making my way inside, I told the hostess that Jason was expecting me so she got me seated where he booked the table and as the seconds passed by I started to feel more nervous. Yes he deserves to know what happened.

"You look breathtaking," he said as he made his way to the table. I couldn't help but blush. "I'm sorry for making you wait," he said as he sat just opposite to me. "It's no big deal," I told him as I sipped on my water. "Let's order first okay," Jason said and I nodded. After ordering, he was just sitting there looking at me intently. "So you wanted to talk," he said as making me nod. "What did you want to talk about exactly,"
He asked as he drank a little bit of his wine. "All about what happened a few years ago and I also want some answer to somethings," I told him and he nodded. "So ask away," he said and I nodded. "You remember the night of prom. Me and Elle came with Zach and well we were going to the washroom when we heard some boys talking," I said looking up to see his reaction. He just looked at me patiently. "Well I suddenly heard my name so we stopped and listened to what they were saying. And I heard about a bet involving me. And taking me to bed. So I went back home after that and decided to come to Michigan earlier than expected and not let anyone know apart from my family," I said and I saw shaking his head and looking down. "Celeste I'm so sorry about that. Well actually the guys from the team had a bet about you and I heard about it I couldn't let any guy have you for just a bet. So I went in asked them what the bet was about and they told me they were betting about who would get with you first and that infuriated me. I couldn't let that happen so I told you how I felt and honestly I forgot about that bet and they brought it back up that night and I guess you heard it. I'm truly sorry that I had to exaggerate things but I couldn't let another guy have you," he said as lowered his head. At the moment, I didn't know how to react so just stayed silent. "Celeste I would never want to hurt you and I swear it wasn't my intention," he said as he cupped my face. I felt myself melting under his gaze.

"I just wished that I confronted you that day and cleared things out instead of running away. But put yourself in my shoes Jason. What would you do if you heard that you were being used for a bet. I was hurt," I said as tears were threatening to fall. "I'm sorry. I should have told you the truth when I got the chance but I never did and that was where I fucked up. I'm sorry love," he said. As I heard him call me love, my heart fluttered. I have been oppressing these feelings for too long. I think it's time to let go. "It's fine Jason stop saying you are sorry. It's the past and we should move on from it," I told me and he suddenly looked worried.

"You are right. You deserve better. As long as you are happy," he said as he suddenly looked sad but he immediately masked his emotions. "Jason I still have feelings for you. I never stopped," I told him and he looked at me with his eyes widened. "You do," he said as he smiled. He took my knuckles in his hand and kissed them. "Will you please give me another chance," he said making me smile. "Technically we are still in a relationship. We never actually broke up," Jason said making me laugh. "We will take things slow okay," I said and he nodded. "Whatever you want love," he said as he tugged a lose strand of my hair behind my ear. "You are so beautiful," he said to me as the waiter was placing the food in front of us. "Thank you," I said as I tried hard not to blush but failed miserably.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Tadaaaaa. Another one for all my supporters. Hope you guys like this one. Make sure to vote and comment.

-Love Mokshda