Chapter 24: Yo

We first stopped by our dorms so that Pha can change. (He lives in the same dorm as me!!) As soon as he came back out, he got in the car and drove with me in the passenger seat and Yiwah in the back.

I didn't know that a car drive could be this awkward. I fully expected Yiwah to be talking my head off the entire drive but she remained silent. She was observing mine and Pha's every interaction together.

Like when Pha asked where I want to go. And I stuttered out my answer because I had no idea where to go get stationery here in Bangkok. He told me there was a place in the mall that he and Kit always go to.

I agreed, and looked down embarrassed. I looked in the back and Yiwah just forced a smile. No one has said a word for 5 minutes.

The music is playing in the car, but its volume is very low. I reach to turn it up. When my hand reaches the for the volume nob I feel the flesh of another hand. It's warm but it leaves so fast. Pha quickly moves his hand back to the steering wheel.

I continue on my mission of turning the volume up but turn my attention to the window quickly after, gazing at the cars swiftly passby. The window is open and I let the afternoon air cool my heated cheeks.

He touched my hand. It was ruff but at the same time... really warm.

I spend the next few minutes imagining how it would feel holding his large hands. Would they fit well in my own, or would it feel awkward. He's only ever dated girls from what I heard from Kit, a lot of girls. It stings a little. To know that other women have touched him, have been held by him... Stop Yo!

I have to stop my jealously there. Kit said both his friends are playboys that never had a serious relationship with anyone. Before I knew who Pha was, I found Kit's complaining about his 'horny best friends' funny but not so much anymore. If he's never been serious about all his past lovers than maybe he's never been in love before. Is it like that? Do I have a chance with him? Will he be open to having a relationship with a guy? Or is he open to the idea... but wouldn't want to be with me.

"SHORTY!" Pha yells, and I jump up from my seat.

"Yes?"

"I've been trying to call you, did you fall asleep."

He was? I didn't hear him at all.  I must have been lost in thought. "No, I'm sorry. I was thinking about something."

"Hahahaha. So spacy." He pinches my cheek. "Cute. I was asking if you were hungry. It's lunch time."

"I have a name you know! It's Yo." He smirks at me. "Yea, I'm a little hungry." I am actually starving! I was supposed to go eat with Forth earlier, but plans changed and I haven't had anything to eat all morning. My mind has been far from food since I have first laid my eyes on Pha, and that is extremely rare for me.

"Yo likes to eat sushi, P'Pha. We should go eat there." Yiwah says from the back seat.

"Yiwah! P'Pha I'm good with whatever. I'm not that picky." What is she trying to do? Sushi is expensive and I don't want to come off as high maintenance. I still have to watch out for Pha. Yiwah is unusually quiet till now... It's never a good sign.

"That sounds good. I know a good place."

"Perfect. I don't want my baby Yo to be deprived... SO Phana you won the Star and Moon competition last year. Didn't you?"

"Ahh, yea I did. How did you-"

"My brother was in the competition. He was very close to winning, but I guess the number one playboy had a larger fan base. My brother is stubborn. He only loves one person... so he doesn't give any attention to the girls who try to flirt with him."