Part 10

"Wait!" James said. "You can't help! I just want to protect Lily" I told him. "So there's nothing we can do?" Remus said. I only nodded taking my trunk and skamp before leaving the train. I hugged Lily telling her to be carful and she said the same thing. We went our separate ways after that. Lily was disparrated with Marlene's parents but not before I handed her skamp to take care of during break which left me leaving to deal with ours.

I stepped through the barrier and slowly made my way to the parking lot. I saw mom waiting for me which meant that either dad was at home waiting or was still at work. Mom roughly grabbed my arm and shoved me into the car. She took my trunk and threw it in the back seat. She got in the car and started driving home.

Our house looked ordinary, white Walls, brown door, windows. Nothing new, nothing different. I hated it though. It brought bad memory. I got out of the car grabbed my trunk and went inside.

I hurried to my room and dropped my trunk off. I came back downstairs and before I could think I was smacked. It didn't hurt like when James did it but it still hurt. Mom grabbed my hair and dragged me to the kitchen. She yelled "do the dishes before your father comes home!" And left upstairs.

I finished the dishes in thirty minutes not wanting to waist time. Mom came back just as I finished and yanked my arm making me follow her. She threw me to the ground and kicked my stomach yelling at me again. After twenty minutes she got bored and left to her room.

Petunia came down and handed me some bandages before telling me she was going to her boyfriend's house for a while. I put the bandages on my hands,feet,legs, and stomach. When petunia left dad came home. I was shaking scared off what might happen.

He came over to me and said "so you actually came home! Thought you would be at Hogwarts still." "Well you wanted me home father." I said but got punched. "Don't talk back to me" he said. I nodded. When dinner rolled around I had cooked it and didn't eat because I never was aloud to eat when Lily was gone.

After an hour my father yanked at my hair before saying "we are cutting this tommorow." I nodded even though I didn't want to cut it. I loved my hair. He shoved me and yelled "hurry and go to bed before I start kicking you!" I hurried to my room not waisting time. I couldn't wait to leave already. I hated it here.

I heard a hoot from behind me causing me to jump a little. I took the letter I saw on it's leg and read it.

Dear carolett,

My son James told me what is happening with your family and I decided to come collect you tomorrow. Your mother and father won't harm you no more or your sister because I'm erasing their memory of you but not Lily.

From,

Delaphine Potter.

I put the note down and smiled silently thanking James. He really did it he saved me even though I didn't want to be. I got ready for bed and went to sleep. '​​​​​​'i told you not to give up! Good job!' the voice in my head said making me smile before I fell asleep.