16: Awake

Hyunjae's POV

My eyelids were irritated as I opened my eyes partially, a familiar ceiling could be seen in front of my sight. I scanned my eyes around as I noticed that I was back.

Back in this house.

I can feel apparatus connected to me.

All I could recall was the torture and the hell I've been living. For almost half of my life.

I feel my body becoming heavy and pain stops me moving. I felt fingers intertwined with mine as I slowly move to sit.

"D-don't move." Jimin quickly let go of my hand and assisted me on moving.
"You're finally awake." He looked like he was almost crying

Half of my body was covered by blanket and my whole body was paining a lot.

"Sorry for rescuing you too late. If I only knew you were getting tortured, I could've saved you earlier.." Guilt was formed in the tone of his voice while I gently shook my head in disagreement.

"I-it's not your fault..." I weakly said as he looked down shyly.

"I.. also want to talk about something." His curve lips turned into a serious one. "W-why were you ignoring me these past few days before the incident?"

That question. The question I couldn't answer. I can't even understand it myself.

I bit my lip as he noticed the uneasiness in my expression so he smiled. "Don't push it. You don't need to answer me if you don't want to. Just take a rest and as long as you're safe, I am fine."

"JIMIIIIINNN!~"

Another voice came and suddenly barged in. It was Eumji.

She wasn't alone, there was a familiar figure of a person behind her who was smirking at me. It was Minhae. But why is she here?

"M-Minhae. Why are you here?" I was surprised and tried to move a little bit.

"It's a long story. Stop moving. You are such a stubborn kid." She laughs as she messed up with my hair.

Sheesh. She is really lazy when it comes to explaining things.

I flinched when I felt Eumji sat accidentally or maybe I should say intentionally sat on it.

Jimin noticed my uncomfortable muscles. He quickly pulled Eumji up and reached for my arms.

"Comfortable enough?" He whispered as he put my arms onto my belly.

"Yeah. Thanks." I chuckled as I could see Minhae smirking in the corner of my eye.

Eumji tugged Jimin along with her as I painfully smiled. I can't seem to know what is this feeling after all.

Minhae was staring at me and Jimin, exchanging her eyes as she analysed everything that was going on between us.

She suddenly went to the kitchen as I could see her gathering some foods from the table. The members were eating there too.

"I prepared a breakfast for you." She laughed and kicked the door locked.

She put it on a vacant space of the table beside me, as she sat and held my hand.

"Let me clarify something." I looked at her as she paused for a while. "Do you like Jimin?"

My eyes widened as she gave me a confusing look. "I don't know." I quickly averted my eyes as I looked at the food.

"I can smell jealousy. You are jealous with Jimin and the bitch?" She laughs as I smacked her back slightly.

"You're right but.. I don't know where to start... I can't understand myself." After finishing my statement, she smacked my shoulders hard as I groaned in pain. "T-that hurts.."

"Sorry. I just got excited."

"Excited about what?"

"Nothing. I just want to tell you that.. go get your man already before the bitch gets him." She whispered at me, enough I could hear.

"How am I supposed to-"

"Simple. Tell him directly." I was so speechless by her words. "It will give him a heart attack and he will be speechless upon what you are saying."

"I am not yet ready." I bit my lip as she sighed.

"Okay. It's alright, I won't force you to do such a thing but I am just telling you this before you run out of time." She smiled and hugged me.

A little pain came into my muscles but I endured it. I couldn't move so she had to feed me.

The both of us had some chats an I soon fell asleep again as I can see her leave the room with my eyes partially opened.

Thank you.