7: Secret

Hyunjae's POV

I was frowning a little bit while I watch the clingy friend of mine take my best friends' attention. She's like an annoying child.

I sighed as I yawn by the time that is getting boring. I am always staying with them and mostly energetic. However, one of these days my body is automatically out of sugar.

I leaned my head on the table as I slowly close my eyes but startled when I felt someone stroke my hair gently.

"Jimin! W-what are you doing?" My heart skipped a beat and nervously acts towards him.

"I just want to play mobile games with you. Or maybe go out with Yeontan for some fresh air." Jimin acted as a mochi as usual, making me want to hug him so tightly until he can no longer breathe.

"Sure thing haha but.. how about Eumji?"

"Let her be. She enjoys playing with the boys though." He runs his hand across his hair.

Before I knew it, he stood up and smirked at me so I had no choice but to follow his lead.

"WAIT FOR ME JIMINIE OPPA!!"

Eumji ran towards Jimin as she hugged him. Looking towards Jimin's reaction, he had a stoic expression but I can notice that he was feeling uncomfortable.

"Oh okay. Come follow us then." I turned my back as the two of them followed.

I sighed heavily and turned on my headphones. I was sitting beside Jimin, while Eumji was kind of flirting with him.

"Hyunjae. Can you sit between us?"

Jimin annoyingly pushed Eumji a little bit away from him. Eumji pouted at him but smiled eventually. "Alright Jiminie, I won't bother you anymore."

She just separated but leaned on Jimin's shoulder.

"Jiminie hyungie!!!!!" Jungkook shouted from behind, making our attention focus on him. "We have to perform on SBS Inkigayo after 1 hour and 30 mins!"

Jimin stood up quickly and waved good bye to us, or maybe I should say he waved at me.

I waved back as I took a secret glance to Eumji who has a bittersweet smile.
"Seriously, I really like playing with Jimin."

Are you a child?

I bit my lip trying to stop myself from responding to her. Silly Hyunjae, you are really silly.

I face palmed as Eumji disappointingly walked away but smirk formed across her lips which caught my attention.

I was left around witnessing the beautiful scenery of the buildings. I sat peacefully before leaning my head onto the table.

"Hyunjae-ah."

I heard someone whispered and what made me surprise was a familiar sight of person. Jimin.

"Why did you sleep here?" He was sitting beside me while patting my back.

"Pardon. My eyes couldn't help but fall asleep." I smiled and stretched my arms. "Were you finished?"

"Yeah. I was very exhausted and went back here with the members, but I didn't see you so I thought were still here the whole time."

"What about Eumji? Where is she now?" I asked with curiosity. That girl, where did she go?

"Inside, playing with the boys."

"Jimin. Why are you like this to me? I mean... you aren't like the others." I blushed slightly, looking away from him.

"We're best friends, Hyunjae. I want to make you so happy. I want to act like we're really close."

The atmosphere was full of awkwardness and silence. I was just avoiding Jimin's gaze.

"Remember that, Hyunjae. You are one of my best friends."

————

"Eat more Hyunjae-ssi." Jungkook surely put a lot of foods in front of my sight. Making me laugh strangely in front of everyone.

"Yah! Let's share please Hyunjae?" Jin pouted and I just gave him a plate of meat.

"Yah! Stop that Jin Hyungie!" Taehyung insisted and slapped his hand away from the food.

"N-no. I am completely fine with it. Besides Jin hyung deserves—"

"Why force her if she doesn't like it? Just give me all of that instead." Eumji has her sweet smile.

"Oh I changed my mind. I was hungry so I think I have to eat all of this." I slapped my thighs upon saying accidentally those words.

"Why? You don't like it right?" Eumji grabbed the food away from my hand but I felt my anger already urging.

"Fine, it's all yours." I smiled at her and looked away. "Wash the dishes too please."

Eumji raised her eyebrows at me and they all eat normally to avoid awkward sensation while in front of the food.

All of the food that was in front of me was taken by Eumji and nothing was left there even a single grain of rice.

"I'll play video games." I was about to stand up but someone gripped my hand and made me sit back again.

"Eat." Jimin put his food, making my eyes widen.

"Jimin! I am already full."

"You're not. You haven't touched anything yet." He insisted, the other members grinned and smiled, teasing us with their looks.

Somehow, I really knew someone wasn't amused. Eumji was frowning very hard and her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

I ate while the other members was currently looking at my performance, including Jimin but not Eumji.

"After you eat, we can proceed to playing games." Jimin ordered and Jungkook playfully smacked Taehyung's back as a sign of inviting him with us.

"Sure."

"Can I play too?" Eumji was back to her usual acting and pulled Jimin near her.

"Noobs are not allowed." I whispered but I am pretty sure she heard that.

"What did you call me?"

"Oh sorry. Were you guilty?"

We both laughed to avoid the start of the fight. "Can I talk to you Hyunjae?" Eumji pulled me onto the bathroom before I could say a response.

"Are you really my friend?" She asked while looking away.

"N—Maybe—Yeah." She smiled at my response.

"I understand you, it's not easy to trust but let me tell you a secret and I hope you will help me in my secret."

"Okay." I said as she leaned towards my ear and whispered.

"I love Jimin."