THE DATE (Iselen P.O.V)

It's been two weeks since we bumped into Eric and I'm still annoyed by the whole situation. I have no intention of accepting the throne but I find myself thinking about it at the most inopportune times, like when I'm enjoying my vampire's company. I weigh whether I should go and talk to my mum to explain her in person that I'm not falling into her trap so she can suspend the search operation and pick out other person suitable for the position. My conscience doesn't let me sleep because I'm leaving a whole kingdom in suspense while people are suffering street riots and vendettas from different factions of the guard. However, sometimes I think that's their problem and there's nothing I can do, they had a great opportunity to revolt some years ago following my dad's plan and kick Fat Bastard's ass off the throne, but no one dared to join him and now both are dead but I should be enjoying a happy life with my girl and not worrying about that bunch of cowards.

Ruby behaves in a totally different way from the last time we lived here in Kerys. In fact, she's been behaving differently since she found out that I'm the love of her existence but I didn't realize because we were travelling and living under a lot of stress. Now, she's protective but now suffocating: she goes with me everywhere but it's just because she wants it and not because she doesn't trust me. We went shopping to the docks sometimes, she hired a horse for me in a stable on the outskirts so I could ride in the hills around the city and we went hiking to the highest mountain where we had an amazing view of the buildings and the sea. The Sorceress is more affectionate, kinder and more understanding... the passionate, temperamental, impulsive and stubborn vampire is still there, beneath the surface, but she controls her temper better when she's with me. She's still a patient and demanding teacher but she's decided to increase the level of the magic I'm studying and she trusts me enough to lend me her most precious books that I wasn't allowed to touch before. And the thermal pool of the backyard has become her favourite place to make love.

However, lately.... She's being acting weird for the last two days, whispering to Lucifer in the corners to make sure that I can't hear them and she's left the house twice while I was studying: when I asked her where she'd gone she only smiled mischievously. I put the last white rose in the crystal vase and leave it in the table of the living room before turning around to look at Lucyfur that is sitting on the couch staring at me. She's gained weight and her fur shines healthy but she prefers to stay around me, I think she still feels insecure and believes that we're going to kick her ass out of the house despite Lucifer seems to be okay with her presence here and he doesn't hiss at her anymore, most of the time he just ignores her, but they can be in the same room and even lying on the same couch without fighting.

- Do you have any idea of what these two are up to? – The cat looks back at me as confused as I am. Ruby comes into the living room right then, almost running, but she stops abruptly when she spots me in the middle of the room with the vase in my hands. She smiles like she has good news.

- I'm taking you out to dinner tonight.

- All right... - I still don't know why she looks so enthusiastic about this, we already went out for lunch sometimes.

- Do you remember the firs dress I bought you? It was a red one, made of silk and velvet, that you took from a bag the first night we slept together before taking the ship that brought us here...

- Yes, of course...

- You never had the opportunity to wear it. I think it'll look great on you tonight...

- Sure... but I have to find it first. I don't remember in which trunk I put it.

- It's already waiting for you on our bed. Hurry up and get dressed, you have an hour.