EAST (Iselen P.O.V)

- Is that her arm or her leg? It's hard to tell because she's doing a handstand and he's... or is a she? Is that a monkey? Oh my God, what is it doing there? Having sex like that it's not possible, twisting in such a way. How do they manage to untangle later?"

I stare fascinated at the sculptures above my head trying to tell apart the different figures among the mess of naked bodies placed one on top of the other in impossible positions. And on top of that, horses and elephants have joined the orgy... I lift slightly my right foot while a look at one of the figures closely... "Maybe if I lean this on the bedpost and placing my arm under my knee... No, I'd probably break my neck. They must've been acrobats instead of common people, there's no other option," I think shocked while tiptoeing to take a closer look at the carvings. The weirdest thing is that all this erotic imagery are in a temple... sex is something mystic for the people of this kingdom, the fusion of two parts: a metaphor of the true union between God and the human soul. A great way of praying in my opinion... and also it's the Sorceress opinion who's not only studying the magic that is practiced in this exotic place, but she's also decided to worry about our spirituality and has discovered the benefits of the trantric sex. I still remember the words she whispered in my ear last night after collapsing on the bed by my side, exhausted and sweating, gasping due to an intense orgasm:

"Fifteen sexual movements applied to thirty-six basic positions... they provide about four hundred variations. And we have an eternity ahead to try each and every one of those." Ruby's voice echoes through my mind while I stare at the sculptures thinking if I'll be able to survive the experience... on the other hand, what a wonderful way to die.

It took us almost two months to arrive here, travelling by boat from one port to another following one of the busiest trade routes, which had enabled us to find nice accommodations on land and luxurious cabins in the boats. In any case, it wasn't easy to carry a cat, a horse and our trunks halfway across the world; we couldn't have made it without the vampire's capacity to convince and her bag full of money. We've spent endless hours locked in a very small space and, even if the Sorceress' temperament has softened considerably, sometimes arguments were inevitable... I've even come to quarrel with Lucifer because of his habit of leaving cat fur all over my clothes. Some days we had horrible storms that tossed the boat around so hard that I got kind of sick and without Ruby's healing power it would have been worse. But most of the time I've been studying and practicing magic, I'm getting better at it and now I'm able to cast some medium level spells. The Sorceress has begun to take seriously my education now that she's realized that I have a gift for it, but she won't accept anything less than excellence so meet her expectations is getting increasingly difficult. I enjoy the challenge anyway, I want her to be proud of me.

- We could do that – Ruby whispers next to me, I don't need to see her face under the hood to know that she's smirking mischievously.

- Yes, of course, but just because you have the strength of a vampire to hold me in that position. Anyway, thanks but I don't feel like getting my shoulder dislocated.

We walk back home slowly while the sun goes down, this is the best hour of the day to go out since it's not that hot. It's been raining a little while ago and it's still cloudy so the Sorceress takes advantage of the lack of sun light to pull back her hood: this is the worst thing about this kingdom, usually is so hot and the sun shines so bright that she needs to stay at home hidden or cast her shadow spell to protect her body. At least she's changed her thick clothes for others made of light linen. But she's learning a lot from the manuscripts that the king keeps in his library and she refuses to move up north. I take a deep breath enjoying the smell of damp earth and the exotic flowers around us, I've never seen so many colours: they're like gemstones on an emerald green background. As colourful as the dresses and fabulous jewels that all the women wear here. I slide my hands over the soft red and golden silk that covers my body, matching the bracelets, necklace and earrings... and these are everyday clothes. I can't imagine how they dress to go to a party.