Chapter-16

It had been hours since the arrival of Drago Bludvist and his fleet. Karina had grown anxious in Ryder's absence and so had a large amount of dragon riders that looked up to the man. The Berkians had also felt the thick air radiating off of the riders and their dragons along with the Berserkers. One group had felt it more than the rest of their tribe, however, Fishlegs, Snotlout and Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

"I still can't find Astrid, Fishlegs." Tuffnut stated jogging up his husky friend. He too felt nervous about the impending catapult barrage. "I checked all up and the street. I did find a chicken though."

"Hey!" His sister shouted angrily.

"Not you, this chicken." He defended while holding up a chicken he had been petting.

"Guys, what if she's on those boats!" Fishlegs wailed helplessly. He heard is name being faintly called behind him while he exclaimed, he turned around to find Snotlout jogging towards them. The chief's heir looked around nervously between all the houses and at the dragon guards.

Snotlout came from the direction of the docks in a very scared way. He learned something, and this wasn't like how he learned five, give or take, years ago. His expression was one of concerned fright as he led the others out of the village and into the now empty training arena. The dragon riders hadn't planned on staying for much longer.

With much protest from Fishlegs and the twins Snotlout finally managed to shut them all up. Saying, "Astrid isn't on Berk!" Seemed a pretty compelling reason for the three of them to quiet their protests.

"What do you mean that Astrid isn't on Berk?" Fishlegs questioned him warily.

"For the past week Astrid has been going to places with their leader, Ryder-something, and now they can't even find him!" Snotlout hissed angrily. He couldn't bare to lose another of his friends, truth be told, he didn't want to become chief for that very reason. "They've got no clue where they went and even they're wary about all this." Even though Snotlout's arm movements were comical, everyone understood the seriousness and urgency in his tone.

"What was she doing with their leader?" Tuffnut asked dumbly like the answer was right there in front of him.

"Whatever it was, it can't have been good." Snotlout agreed with Fishlegs' statement as Ruffnut spoke up, saying, "Did he put a spell over her or something?" Her confusion was met with blank, and frankly, disappointed faces.

"You're stupid." Tuffnut spoke plainly to his sister who immediately retorted with "I'm stupid? You're stupid!" This started a fight that usually lasted for a painstakingly long ten minutes. In most cases people would stay out of their arguments but then there were times when the twins asked for an opinion, and even that would end up with a stabwound or very loud mockery of the poor non-twin.

Fishlegs felt regret when the twins turned to him, him being the smartest of the group, and they asked him which twin was smarter over the other. The twins slowly stalked towards Fishlegs, who of course backed up, into a wall and was demanded an answer from. Snotlout tried in vain to coax the twins into backing down but ended up back against the same wall with Fishlegs, the twins of Loki were ruthless.

Little did they know that they were being watched near the bleachers, sitting on the chief's chair that was meant for watching dragon trainings. Two dragon riders sat their amused at the four young adults bickering and being bickered.

"They're actually idiots, aren't they?" One of the riders said to the other. The other gave a sigh before his reply.

"Yeah,"

"Hey, check this out." The first rider picked up a stone hammer and threw it at a lever that clicked into it's opposite position, thus toggling all of the dragon cell doors that were presumed to be empty, and they opened. Three dragons burst forth from their imprisonment, leaving the first rider with a dumbfounded expression of shock and the second with a bored expression.