Chapter-6

"Well, bye," Hiccup says briefly after a minute or two of the awkward silence between him and his former mentor. Gobber stands at the doorway by himself being confused by recent events, he stands there for a good while. The blacksmith is confused, having no idea about what to do with the information that he has traipsing around his head.

     Hiccup walks to the edge of the forest thinking about what he plans to do about Berk's dragon hunting, he has learned that they make excursions to try and find the dragons. He can try to show them, maybe guide them to befriending dragons as he has done previously with other villages. There is no doubt in his mind, however, they will kill him if he even shows signs of being affiliated with dragons. It is best he just returns to Toothless and flies back to the Berserker tribe.

     It's all he knows to do. Maybe after that peace treaty, which will have been signed the day prior, they can obtain more supplies and provide the Vikings with the coexisting mindset for dragons. Hiccup really does hope that this works, he wants the world to coexist with the beautiful creatures, to live with and care for them and in turn be cared for. His dragon utopia is his dream, his life's work, and all he has to do is convince Berk and the rest of the world outside the Archipelago. In truth, it does not seem like all that much to him, but in reality, it is a much harder thing to accomplish. His friends have tried to show him that he needs more help, but he hasn't gotten it yet, the world is much larger than he knows. Hiccup needs help, whether he admits it or not.

     He makes his way back to the cove in the forest, happy to see his friend again. The alpha, or so how the dragons they've saved and are protecting act about it. Of course, the night fury has no real control over them, only their respect and trust. They do treat him with the respect an alpha deserves, which the dragon has never truly been asking for. Not that he doesn't enjoy it, however.

     "Toothless," Hiccup calls out lightly to his friend who then proceeds to bound up next to him. "Good to see you again. Get any rest?" His question is answered with a groan which Hiccup takes to mean "yes" as Hiccup scratches the top of the dragon's head. Toothless purrs as Hiccup continues to scratch on top of his head and then underneath his maw.

     "Well then, we should get going. I hope Dagur or Heather have any ideas on how to approach Berk with a proposition." He says hopefully, he needs this village as an ally to help defend against the oncoming threat of Drago Bludvist who is systematically taking out villages and tribes from the north. Berk has an army, and they need that army to save themselves.

     Hiccup mounts his friend, clicking his prosthetic into the all-metal stirrup that is the main control for Toothless own prosthetic. "Let's go." The dragon rider says determined to find a way to obtain the treaty he so desires from Berk. Toothless shoots up into the sky, in truth, it doesn't matter if they are spotted. In fifteen minutes the two friends can travel a distance far greater than a Viking ship with a full crew. Shooting past the forest's trees at such a quick speed, that leaves they have passed seem so distant like a speck.

     The two fly for hours, nearing the Berserker's island. Once that fact has been pointed out to Hiccup he becomes near ecstatic to see his friend's once more. His southern home needs to wait for him again; besides, all the dragons in that area have migrated for the oncoming winter season. Even as their home is much further south than that of Berk, he is still sometimes plagued by harsh snowstorms doubled with whiteout conditions. Though, never as severely as Berk ever is. The dragons have gone so far south they've passed halfway around the world, which had been a great surprise for Hiccup to discover. The realization that the earth is round nearly killed him and his faith, but with his new reinterpretation of old scripts of the gods, he finds it to make perfect sense within his own reasoning.