Chapter-10

"Drago Bludvist?" Stoick's anger and rage immediately recoil into fear, his expression changing drastically. Ryder, Dagur, Heather, and all the other Dragon Riders share glances towards each other in a note of Stoick's change in demeanor. "And what are you then?" Stoick shouts with his newly found fright. "His messengers!" The chief accuses.

     "As I said, we are here to protect all of the Archipelago from Drago Bludvist's armies," Ryder states stepping again towards the Berkian chief. The Berkian crowd grows tenser while the Berserkers are anxious for a response.

     Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut, and Tuffnut are all nearly hysterical as they were shooed off by their parents to head towards the training arena. Fishlegs has another one of his little books out trying to write down everything he has just seen. Astrid is helping Fishlegs with his recall as the other three are going off about how insane the scene is at the village. It is the first that they had been hearing of dragon-riders, well, except for Fishlegs and Astrid that would be. A few adults are with them watching over much hungrier children and soon to be teens.

     "Oh! This is so exciting!" Fishlegs squeals like an exciting Viking maiden during the first day of daycare. But not that it matters anyhow. "A whole village of dragon-riding Vikings! It's not just one person, Astrid." Fishlegs is more than happy to spout out useful nonsense every now and then.

     "Yeah," Astrid breathes out, comprehending again and again that the man in black, scaly armor is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. Trying to wrap her head around it will be like trying to understand how to fly without wings, which in retrospect doesn't seem all that difficult anymore to the Viking woman.

     "If only we knew who they were, then maybe-" Fishlegs, of course, continues on with this thought, but that leaves Astrid behind with his echoing words. All she can think about is Hiccup and their baby. She absentmindedly places her hand over her womb, with both hope and fear of a child. Loki must be playing tricks on her, it wouldn't be the first. What if he has been disguised as the dragon-rider, using the memory like a trap for his twisted cause?

     "Hiccup." She breathes out barely below a breathy whisper. Fishlegs looks at her quizzically, wondering what on Midgard is wrong with his friend.

     "Astrid? Are you alright, you look like you've seen your vǫrðr leaving!" His exclamation brings the maiden back to reality. Very quickly and without explanation, Astrid turns on her heels and runs the other direction and to the forest. She can't explain it but feels as though that the rider will soon return to where he left. The cove past Raven Point.

     The nervousness of the village is intensified by the lack of a response by the chief. To add to the tension Ryder speaks too quietly to an unidentified Dragon Rider, one who rides a Stormcutter sporting dulled red scales. Its rider is a woman, tall and carrying two silver swords of different lengths. Her armor, along with the other Dragon Riders' armor, reassembled each of their respective dragons. Her armor has spikes, both on the gauntlets and shoulder pads, mimicking the spine of her dragon.

     Spitelout walks to join Stoick's left before saying, "Stoick, we're in no position to attack 'em." He states quietly. The chief looks around, taking note of the numerous Berserkers in and around the crowd of Berkians.

     "Has that stopped us before?" Stoick whispers his reply.

     "I really don't think you should, Stoick. I've seen this kid before, but this time he brought more than just himself." Gobber intervenes, surprising both Vikings by his sudden appearance. "I think you should here the lad out."

     "Very well," Stoick replies with gritted teeth. "Lad!" He hollers to the rider before continuing. "What do you know of Drago Bludvist?"

     "He's a mad man," Ryder states firmly after finishing his own conversation. "He cannot be reasoned with, believe me. I've tried on many occasions."