"Hey nothing will happen. Are you afraid of him? Don't be because I know how to manage him," Monica spoke smirking playfully.

"We have been late because of you idiot. Hadn't you gone wasting time with your so called boyfriend, we could have completed it on time. And above that, you simply can't go on managing Sir for everything," Jiyasha replied in a quick baritone.

"Don't call him my so called boyfriend okay. I said I will handle Sir so I mean it. Go and get ready, I am coming," saying so, Monica took out her mobile and quickly clicked a random selfie with Jiyasha. Both shared a friendly kiss before parting their ways.

***

Jiyasha wore her casual ripped jeans and her favourite balloon top. The length of her room mirror was portraying her beautiful image honestly. The shiny black curls she had on her hair, the milky white skin and the brown protruding eyes were her prized possessions. Anyone could have easily fallen for her but Jiyasha would never fathom any infatuated feelings. She hated to keep relationships in life and believed that dating was just a waste of time.

She hung her sling bag which contained her books and notebooks for the classes. She held her project in her hands before moving out of her room. As she was walking across the balcony to fetch Monica, she dashed against an another girl.

"Ouch!", Jiyasha yelled as her project file fell from her hand, only for the papers to get scattered on the concrete floor.

The new girl helped her in picking up the papers, "Sorry Jiya, I didn't see you coming."

"It is alright Pooja but why are you in a hurry?" Jiyasha enquired her giving her a light squeeze on her shoulder.

Pooja Sharma was an another best friend of the duo and their classmate too. She belonged from a poor family and had financial crisis at home. Her family was solely dependent on her and she was fulfilling her dream of becoming a doctor only to support her family. Her house was situated in the countryside and she did not get the time to visit them often.

With the presence of Pooja in their group, their friendship tales for life were fulfilled and the trio seemed to be incomplete without one another.

"I just got a call from Sir that our college is going to hold an exhibition of our projects this year along with some new medicinal discoveries done by fellow students. If our project is liked by people, we may even get sponsored for our future researches. I am going around informing everyone. You know how strict our Sir is and it will be difficult to handle him if we performed poorly," Pooja was detailing Jiyasha.

"Hearing this news is itself an excitement. I feel like starting to work from today, I am so excited." Jiyasha jumped in amazement while Monica viewed their giggling from far.

Monica came running to them and hugged them from behind, "Hey girls, I got both of you here. Today I might be leaving early from the college. You know my boyfriend has planned a special dinner party with his friends and he specially requested me to join them. Are you both interested to come with me?"

Both Jiyasha and Pooja nodded their heads in negation. Monica was surprised to see the shocked expressions on their faces and arched her eyebrows wanting to know the reason.

Jiyasha spoke in a low voice, "We might have to stay back late at college today for some other work."

Pooja detailed the matter to Monica, "...........and you know how Sir is. Do you think he will allow any of us to leave early? I fear you might have to cancel your date."

"No way, not a chance! My boyfriend won't listen to me this time. I have been cancelling dates with him now and then for these stupid projects. I just informed him that my project is finally over and then he planned it." Monica shrugged her shoulders.