2. Cliche characters... Ew.

❦ Don't do a boring main character... It's just... boring to read.

Here's a list of things to avoid when creating your character. [Y/N] For example.

- "I'm different because I don't wear makeup and wear my hair in a messy bun all the time! I'm So DiFfErEnT!"

- Weak. Seems to rely on the male lead way too much and can't seem to do anything by herself. The most Cliche-est. Cry-baby, melodramatic, constantly afraid.

- A female lead having masculine interests doesn't make her automatically stronger. (E.g: Gaming, sports .etc)

- Also, a female lead hating feminine things doesn't make her stronger.

- Too perfect. A male/female lead with no imperfections seems unrealistic.

- Considered some kind of reward or something owed to a guy - Ya'll ever read those Mafia stories where the very boring, normal, basic girl gets caught up by the Mafia boss and he just somehow is hooked on her straight away and wants to take her as his own? Like... What even made her so interesting to begin with??

- (S)he has zero personality. Who wants a boring lead? Make them important. When making the story, ask yourself "If I took them out of the story, would the story line change?" If not, then theirs a problem.

❦ A list of ideas that could help in aiding a strong lead character.

- I think most people have difficulty creating a strong female lead compared to a male lead so sometimes i'll make a strong male character since that's a lot easier and then just change the male to a female. That might not work for everyone though.