Chapter 2

(A/N The image above is Irryl when she hatched and below that is Irryl's current state, I am pretty sure that mobile readers are unable to see the image on the previous page so here it is again

(A/N The image above is Irryl when she hatched and below that is Irryl's current state, I am pretty sure that mobile readers are unable to see the image on the previous page so here it is again. By the way Irryl's name is pronounced IH - REE – L. By the way that it is an L at the end of the of her name not an I. I realise it is pronounced a lot like the name Ariel but with an 'IH' sound instead of an 'AIR' at the beginning.)

3rd Person POV | Percy

As soon as Percy and Irryl woke up that morning they knew that it was time. They couldn't stay in a cave at the bottom of the ocean forever, they didn't discuss it and simply went about their normal morning routine Irryl caught some fish and feasted until she was satisfied while Percy swam to the surface and towards the beach. After reaching the beach Percy quietly and stealthily crept into the forest, he knew that there was a path up ahead that animals usually took when passing through. As he crept Percy slightly thickened the water vapour in the air which effectively allowed him to know of everything that took place in the immediate area, a short distance away Percy could sense an elk grazing. Percy shut his eyes and without moving he focused and further increased the water vapour near the elk, the extra vapour would be required for what he was going to do. Concentrating the vapour into a small area Percy drew it towards the elk and just before it made contact with the elk's skin he froze it, the elk died instantly when the jagged icicle pierced its heart. Although Percy did not enjoy killing, he needed the sustenance, as he picked up the dead body he froze a thin layer of ice around his arms with this in place he easily picked up the body of the elk and moved back towards the shore. See since Percy could control ice, he froze ice on parts of his body he could control the ice in conjunction with his body basically increasing his speed and strength.

Percy was thinking about the decision they would have to make today when he reached the beach. With hardly a thought he froze some water vapour around the elk to protect it from the ocean's water and dived into the ocean quickly making his way down to the submerged cavern. He had been down in the cavern so long that he needed no light source, any help he required in the darkness he could get through the water vapour in the air, the same went for Irryl. When he arrived Irryl was just finishing her meal which Percy thought was a little fishy (Author pauses to grin and look at the readers) without either of them saying a word, he created a small platform of ice which he placed the dear on. As Percy prepared the dear they finally spoke "So... I guess this is it" Percy thought with a note of finality present in his thoughts.

"You always knew we couldn't stay here. You do want to see your friends and family again don't you" replied Irryl as she raised her crystalline head from her meal to look at him.

He set his ice knife down on the table he had created from ice and looked up at her as well. "Yeah, I guess I just enjoyed this small break from everything" He knew everyone back home was fine, he had seen many of the monsters begin to retreat and although he didn't remember it at the time and Percy knew that they would never flee if their master was still fighting and hadn't been defeated.

Irryl gazed into his eyes "Of course you enjoyed it, you have been fighting two wars with no break and have literally been through hell and back." Irryl knew everything about him, Percy had shown her most if not all of his memories whether he deemed them important or not. Irryl loved her rider and had wanted to know as much about him as possible particularly his history. "Still you know we must leave, we cannot stay here forever, besides I know for a fact that we are both starting to get bored out of our minds staying here."

"True." Percy admitted, "I guess I am just a little nervous about what we will find out there."

Irryl silently conveyed her agreement to Percy through her emotions which they could both sense. Though she had the fierceness of a dragon and enjoyed fighting, she had also been through her rider's memories and did not want him to suffer further.

Percy finished preparing the elk and stood up pulling the water from the table until it covered him in an immense suit of ice armour that would have crushed his bones with its weight had he not used his powers to hold it up. Ever since he gained his ice powers the cold never bothered him, though he could still feel it he never so much as shivered. Percy picked up the first piece of the elk's carcass and held it out to his draconic soulmate, Irryl complied and extended her neck out her mouth slightly opened, a small jet of flame issued forth and cooked the piece. The pair repeated this task until the entire carcass was cooked and sitting on a small iced over part of the floor, Percy melted the remnants of his armour and wrapped the water around all except one piece of cooked meat and froze it again.

Percy sat down and formed a small ice chair beneath him, both dragon and demigod sat in silence as Percy ate, they were simply enjoying each other's company and the peacefulness. Percy finished his meal as well and they sat for a couple of moments longer just enjoying the moment, until Percy realised that he was Percy, not some hermit who meditated and was all zen. He clapped loudly rubbing his hands together like a supervillain with childlike enthusiasm "Well that was fun, I guess the only question is whether we are leaving now or in the morning?" He stated this out loud. (A/N you can tell he stated this out loud because it is not italicised.)

Gazing at him her amusement at his childlike reaction reflected heavily in her thoughts nonetheless she stated mentally "The morning, we can spend the rest of the day training, we want to have the whole day tomorrow to travel"

And train they did. Irryl practised her control over water, ice and water vapour while Percy spent a majority of his time practising dual-wielding both Vapore and Riptide which was basically effortless for him by now.

They made sure to go to sleep earlier than usual in order to be as rested as possible in the morning, it was also good practice for Percy as he had to maintain his icy layers around the cooked pieces of meat in order to keep them fresh. Irryl and Percy slept curled up together and hoped they were ready for the challenges they were sure to face tomorrow morning.

(A/N Next chapter is where the crossover like is super crossed, I know, I know, the readers of my little story are probably irritated that there has been no Eragon/Roran/Varden/Nasuada/fighting action but I really wanted to set up Percy and Roran first. Could you readers please stick with me; characters are crossing over and meeting in the next chapter I just wanted to explain their powers and skills.)