I Missed Something, Didn't I?

it was christmas eve and the kids were overly excited. all day you had been running around the house, preparing everything for when you had both yours and shawn's families over tomorrow.

thankfully the kids stayed in the living room or their rooms all day watching christmas movies or else you would've been even more stressed out.

and to add to it all, shawn wasn't going to be home until later. he was stuck in boston because of a storm and the earliest flight he could get was late at night. you were thankful he could at least make it home for christmas.
when you told the kids the situation, they insisted that you wait to eat and open presents until shawn gets home. you were fine with that considering you were just as eager to see your husband as the kids were.

"mom!" your 6 year old son alex walked into the living room where you sat, feeding your 5 month old daughter.

"you forgot to put your pyjamas on!" he exclaimed, handing you the unopened bag of red and white striped christmas pyjamas. when you went christmas shopping a few weeks ago, alex along with his siblings, insisted that this year you all wore matching pyjamas.

you took the bag from his hand, "thank you, i almost forgot. i'll put them on when i'm done here."

he nodded, walking out of the room to find his brother. it took a little extra convincing for your 13 year old dylan, to wear the pyjamas. but luckily you were able to succeed.

your daughter was already dressed in her white and red striped onesie, and she had a little pacifier with a reindeer on it.

once you finished feeding her and she had fallen asleep, you carried her upstairs with you so you could change into your pyjamas.

"boys," you called, poking your head into the game room where they were. "let's go watch a movie while we wait for dad."

they happily followed you into the living room as the three of you tried to pick a movie to watch. the boys decided they both wanted to sit on the couch with you and their sister, so you were all snuggled up under one blanket.

they decided they wanted to watch elf, their all time favourite christmas movie. you chuckled as the opening started playing, knowing that they were going to be bored of it soon since they've seen elf a million times.

about halfway into the movie, alex was asleep on you and so was your daughter. dylan luckily had stayed awake, his phone keeping him busy.

"i missed something didn't i?" someone chuckled behind you.

Dylan turned around excitedly, "dad!"

he got up as shawn pulled him in for a bone crushing hug, "i missed you bud."

you woke up alex as gently as possible, "alex, baby, daddy's home."

as soon as he heard you say those two words, he woke up and ran to greet his dad.

you smiled as you watched your three boys, alex had joined the hug and you were pretty sure he wasn't going to let shawn go anytime soon.

you handed your sleeping daughter to dylan, before running into shawn's open arms and wrapping your legs around his torso.

"i missed you so much baby," he said into your hair. you breathed in his familiar musky scent, trying to familiarize yourself with it again.
he set you down, smirking as he looked up at the ceiling.

"what?" you asked as he just continued to smirk.

"mistletoe,"

you rolled your eyes, "shawn, the kids-"

"rules are rules y/n," he said before smashing his lips onto yours as you let your hands tug at the baby hairs on his neck.

"mom! dad!" dylan groaned, "get a room or something! here take your child, you've got 3 you don't need another one."

you laughed as shawn took the baby, dylan was shaking his head as he went to sit back down.

"i guess i didn't get the matching pjs memo?" shawn asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"oh don't worry, i got you a pair too. they're upstairs and you have to wear them."

he nodded, taking the baby with him as he went to change into the candy cane looking pyjamas that alex had picked out.

you returned to your spot in between the boys, happy that your family was back together after so long.