May I Have This Dance?

So far, your wedding day had been everything you dreamed of. You felt like a princess in your beautiful white gown that you've been dreaming of wearing for so long, the venue was beautifully decorated, so far nothing had gone wrong, and of course you had the perfect husband.

Currently you, Shawn, the rest of your bridal party, and both sets of parents were just outside the hall doors as the dj was about to announce you all in one by one. The bridal party and parents were already lined up and ready but since you and Shawn were obviously last, you were waiting a little further from everyone else basically in your own little world. He was leaned up against a wall while you were pressed against him (you could practically hear your mother scolding you for wrinkling the dress) just enjoying the moment.

"We're married," Shawn whispered, his hands finding your hair and softly running through it (once again, you could literally hear your mother yelling at you). "We're really married Y/n."

You nodded, not wanting to say anything, but even without you saying anything, Shawn knew you were just as happy as him. In the distance you could hear the dj announce the couples along with the song you two selected for them to walk into the hall to but you were in your own little bubble to really care what the order was or if it was almost your turn.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," the dj announced, as the two ushers were motioning for you two to take your places behind the now closed doors. Shawn grabbed your hand as the doors were opening and you two ran to your spots before the people inside could notice you weren't already standing there. "I now introduce for the first time, Mr and Mrs Mendes!"

You guests clapped as the song you selected played and Shawn held his arm out for you two to walk in. You quickly took it before walking into the room where your family members were anxiously waiting. You couldn't help the goofy smile on your face as you walked through the hall with your husband, and Shawn was the same. Once you reached the middle of the dance floor, the music stopped abruptly as everyone gathered around you. You glanced at Shawn, confused as to why the song you selected for the first dance wasn't playing and he just shrugged. By this time your family members had already taken out their phones ready to tape the first dance, but there was no music playing. You looked towards your maid of honour who had both yours and her phone in hand ready to tape, but she looked just as confused as you.

"What happened?" she mouthed. You shrugged in response, turning back to Shawn who was looking at Andrew who was standing close to the stage area. You noticed a certain redhead making his way onto the stage, guitar in hand, ready to sing. You didn't remember asking him to do it live, did you? You heard the first few chords of the song play followed by a tap on your shoulder.

"May I have this dance, wife?" Shawn asked, extending his hand for you to take. You smiled, taking his hand and starting to dance like how you practiced (since neither of you were really gifted in the dancing area) while Ed Sheeran began to play Perfect, the song you chose.

"I can't believe you got him," you said, shaking your head at your husband.

"He said it was his gift to us. And it feels so much more intimate like this, don't you think?" He whispered as you looked around at all the guests looking at the two of you. You pushed yourself closer to him, so you couldn't see them watching you. You hated being centre of attention like this.

"There's so many people watching us," You mumbled, "I don't want to mess up." You were focused on your feet, and making sure you took the right steps at the right time and you were trying not to step on Shawn's feet because that would not have been good.

"Hey, look at me." Shawn said. You brought yourself to look at him, "It's just the two of us, dancing in the living room okay? Nobody else is here, it's just us."

You smiled as you continued the dance, Shawn occasionally cracking a joke or complimenting you which caused you to blush. Eventually it came to an end causing your guests to erupt in cheers for both Ed and you and Shawn. They made their way back to their seats as you two went to talk to Ed who was just exiting the stage.

"Hey man," he greeted Shawn before doing a 'bro hug' "congratulations!" You smiled as the two of them made some small talk before Ed moved on to you.

"Congrats Y/n, you look beautiful." he said as you pulled him in for a hug.

"Thank you! You were really good, thank you so much for doing that." you smiled, you had been smiling all day and you weren't really able to stop. You and Shawn said your goodbyes to Ed as he made his way to his table with a few other friends of yours as you two headed back to your own table in the middle of the room. The table was escalated from everyone else and you had your bridal party eating with you at a table just below you guys, but all you cared about now was being with Shawn.

"Look they gave us more champagne!" Shawn exclaimed, noticing the glasses of champagne sitting at your places. "Let's make a toast, but one that's just for us."

You knew at any moment the best man and maid of honour were going to step up and make their speeches and their own toast so you took this opportunity for some private time with Shawn before that. He handed you your glass before taking a seat and beginning to speak.

"To my beautiful wife, Y/n for agreeing to put up with me for the rest of her life. I love you, and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." he raised his glass to yours.

"I love you too. To many more years together, til death do us part." You clinked glasses before taking a sip as the maid of honour began to speak, you knew she was going to embarrass you, but in this moment you didn't care because you were the happiest you've ever been.