Alarm

"What the hell?" you muttered, rolling over in your bed as an ear piercing alarm sounded through the building. You grabbed your phone off the nightstand, seeing that it's only 2am and you having a good sleep and this alarm just ruined it. Realizing that it was probably the fire alarm going off you rolled out of your bed and shook your fiancé who was somehow managing to sleep through the whole thing, awake.

"Shawn!" you yelled, "The fire alarm is going off and I really don't want to die in this room tonight!"

Eventually his eyes fluttered open and barely had enough time to ask what's going on before you ripped the warm blanket away from him and handed him a pair of track pants to put on so you could get out of your apartment as fast as possible.

"No time for questions let's go!" you picked up your phone and slipped on a pair of slippers before grabbing Shawn's hand and pulling him out of the apartment.

When you got down to the lobby it seemed as if everyone was already down there and you were the last ones to hear the alarm. It was chaotic, kids were crying and people were yelling, this was definitely not your scene. You stayed at Shawn's side as you stood in the lobby with everyone else waiting for the fire department to let you know if it was safe or not.

You were suddenly regretting your choice of not throwing a robe or something over shawn's shirt and your sleep shorts that were too short to be seen under his long shirt because the stares you were receiving from other residents were making you rather uncomfortable. You noticed two older ladies that lived on your floor standing together and pointing at you and Shawn, you were also slowly beginning to notice that almost every woman in this room was staring at your boyfriend.

You glanced at Shawn who was on his phone, oblivious to all the looks he was getting from everyone. Though, you assumed he was used to it by now because he pretty much gets noticed every where he goes. You kept looking between Shawn and other residents, holding back a laugh as you watched one woman's husband notice her staring and give her a look, all while trying to figure out exactly why everyone is looking at the two of you. Looking at Shawn once more, you realized he wasn't wearing a shirt, quickly narrowing it down as to why people were staring.

"Shawn!" You hissed, smacking his stomach causing him to look up from his phone. "You should have put a shirt on! Everyone is staring."

He shoved his phone in his pocket before glancing around the room. You watched as people turned away as he looked around the room, not wanting him to notice they were staring.

"Are you sure they're not looking at you?" he asked, pulling you closer to him. "Because if I catch anyone looking at you they're dead."

"No they're for sure looking at you, I'm not the one wearing no shirt."

"You better not be the one wearing no shirt, that's for my eyes only."

"This is not the time for jokes Shawn, it's weird everyone is looking at us." you whined, not liking all the sudden attention. "I'm uncomfortable."

"First of all, I'm not joking and second of all, it's not my fault that everyone is jealous because we are clearly the hottest couple in the building."

"Shawn," you rolled your eyes. "Make it stop."
"I don't understand what you want me to do about this?"

"Tell people to look away!"

"I can't just do that y/n, that's not how things work."

"Well-"

Your bickering was interrupted as two women who lived on your floor approached the two of you, the three other ladies in their group were standing off to the side watching them.

"Excuse me," the blonde lady said, walking up to the two of you. "Are you two the couple who lives in apartment 4b?"

Shawn nodded, raising his eyebrows at the two women he's never seen in your life. He isn't home much so he doesn't know what goes on around here but you do, and you know these women are too nosy for their own good and gossiped about everyone on the floor.

"Oh!" the other woman joined in. "We've never seen the two of you before, we were starting to think that your apartment was vacant or something."

You scoffed, "I'm there every day."

"You are? I live right across and I never see anyone going in or out of the place." the blonde lady spoke up again. "Where are you?"

She turned her attention to Shawn, deciding she didn't want to talk to you anymore and would rather hear answers from him instead.

"I sing so I have to travel for long periods of time so I'm not usually home but my fianceé is and she's there every day so there's no way it can be vacant."

"Oh...well it was nice to finally meet you two, have a nice night!" The brunette said before they both walked away to their other friends (whom you also had a dislike for), probably to gossip or talk about how good looking Shawn is.

About half an hour later a firefighter finally gave everyone the clear to go back to their apartments, figured it was probably some kid who pulled the alarm, and left the building. As you were making your way back to your floor you noticed people still looking and it was still making you uncomfortable.

It was finally your turn to use the elevator and when the doors closed you turned to Shawn who was on his phone again,

"Next time, wear a damn shirt."