Part 2:8

I waited with Tony in the living room for Will to come home. It was ten o'clock and my dad has yet to call or come home. Will went to his job to see if he was there, or had been there. I went into the kitchen and grabbed the ice cream with a large spoon, something I really needed at that moment. Tony stared at me like I had two heads when he saw me with the tub of ice cream. "What, I have to eat something" I said sitting down. He gave me a light smile and went into the kitchen. When he came back he had a spoon, " Feel like sharing?" he asked sitting next to me. "Sure" I said leaning the ice cream towards him.

Thirty minutes later Will came in, "His car is there, but no one is there he said plopping down on the couch. "I don't think we should think the worse just yet, he could be somewhere that has no phone signal. He could even be seeing someone, and might have spent the day with them, you never know." Tony said shrugging his shoulders. We looked at him as if he'd lost his mind. " No he always responds to my text, or text me when he is not able to answer the phone at the moment, so yeah I do know" I said shoving the ice cream in his hand and leaving the room. I stood in the bathroom mirror getting myself together, apart of me didn't want to believe that the people in my past were now coming back but I had a gut instinct that they were. I felt myself getting nauseous, so I leaned over the toilet.

___________________________________________________________

I sat on the couch and watched Will call my dad phone. He still wasn't picking up and I could do nothing but think the worse. I looked over at Tony and he was keeping Kayden occupied. Isaiah came from the back shaking his head; "The phone is disconnected or something" he said sitting down. "The police will not take a report until its been twenty four hours" Will said hanging up the phone. "This is crazy, I'm going to look for him" I said standing up. "Nooooo!" Tony said standing up. "You're not gonna stop me." I said walking around him. I went into my room and started putting on my jacket and shoes, when I received a message.

* Dad: Sorry baby girl, I was In a meeting out of town. I forgot to tell you. I should be back in a couple of hours.

It was my dad, I ran back into the living room. " I just got a text from Dad" I said looking down at the phone. "I did to" Isaiah and Will said in unison. We all looked at Tony, who was looking at his phone. "I got one, he'll be here in a couple of hours" he said standing up. I looked over and Kayden was asleep, I picked him up and took him in the room. Making sure to be quiet, when I placed him on the bed. It was a relief knowing that my dad was ok, and my gut instinct was wrong. I went and took a shower, and did my nightly routine. When I finally got in the bed, Will peeped his head in my room door. "Aye I have to talk to you" he said inviting himself in. I sat up straight giving him my undivided attention. "What's up, you can turn on the light" I said fixing my cover around me.

"Is it not weird to you we got a text instead of a call from dad?" he asked looking concerned. "I didn't think about that, do you think we should call him" I said grabbing my phone from the night stand. "No, I was just wondering if it was only weird to me" he said placing his hand in his pants pocket. "Did you talk to Isaiah about this?" I asked getting out of my bed. " No he acting weird and sh**, did you not notice him today" he said shaking his head. "No, that boy is always acting weird" I said trying not to laugh. I picked up my phone and tried calling him, it went straight to voicemail this time. I looked up at Will trying to calm my voice before saying anything. "It went to voicemail" I said putting my phone on the bed.

"He also didn't respond to the text I sent" I said looking at the message that was sent two hours ago. I sat back down and leaned forward, holding my head with my hand. I could feel that same gut feeling from earlier crawling back up, I soon started to notice my hands were beginning to shake. I suddenly put them underneath my leg. The front door then opened and closed, Will turned around to see who it was. "Aye you talked to dad since he text?" he asked stepping away from my door a little. " No, I tried calling but his phone went to voicemail." Isaiah responded. " That's it, I'm going to look for him." I said grabbing my shoes.