13

CHAPTER 13.

Alex rested the next day. Miles texted him at every possible time he could, to check up on him and ask how he's feeling.

The minute Alex knew school had finished, he jumped into the shower. He put aftershave on, which he never did, and wore Miles's ring, as well as a blue button down he'd bought during the summer and never wore. He wore some tight, black jeans and walked to the front door after grabbing his favourite hoodie, and his black trainers.

"Where are you going?" His mum asked, as Alex put on his trainers. "Why are you wearing aftershave?"

"I'm going to see Miles." Alex responded bluntly, standing up and pulling on his hoodie.

"Well, makes sense." His mum teased. "You look beautiful, dear."

She kissed her son's cheek and let him go.

It was a bit warmer today, so Alex wouldn't be getting colder at all. As he walked the familiar route to his lover's house, Alex began to worry about what events might unfold in a matter of minutes. He was going to have sex with Miles.

He'd never had straight sex before, let alone gay sex. He had no idea what to do, or how anything worked.

He hoped Miles wouldn't think it was funny. Alex was scared of messing up and wanted it to be right, because Miles Kane of all people was his first time, and he wanted it to be special.

Alex contemplated just going back home, but Miles was waiting for him, and he didn't want to stand him up.

Once he arrived at Miles's familiar house, his second home, Alex stood at the door for a while. He was contemplating leaving again.

No, Alex, it'll be okay. If you want to stop, you can stop. Miles won't hate you.

Alex rang the doorbell, and waited patiently. It only took a few moments for Miles to open the door. The boys grinned as soon as they saw each other.
Miles was wearing a grey jumper and dark blue jeans. He looked great. He always looked great in Alex's eyes.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Miles asked, holding onto Alex's hand and pulling him inside.

"I'm better, thanks."

"You look really good." Miles said, closing the front door. "You made an effort, I just threw some clothes on."

"It's okay." Alex blushed.

Miles thinks I look good.

Miles put his hands on Alex's shoulders and kissed the top of his head. "I missed you today."

"I missed you too."

Miles wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and leaned down to kiss his boyfriend. Alex gladly accepted, letting Miles glide his lips over Alex's soothingly. Miles tasted like Marlboros and sweet honey, hints of sugar in places. He smelt rich. Like dark chocolate, expensive cologne.

Miles pulled away after a blissful minute of making out.

"I'll go get us something to drink. Are you hungry?"

Yeah, hungry for you, Miles.

"Yeah, a bit."

"Head upstairs." Miles told Alex, kissing his nose. Miles walked into the kitchen, leaving Alex to go upstairs. Alex knew very well how to get to Miles's room. He would spend ages up there with Miles, either running around and chasing each other, or crying when something had gone wrong and hugging him tightly, like his life depended on it.

Miles's room was shut off from the world by a chipped, white door, on the back of it being all of his jackets. The room was quite spacious if you took all the furniture out. But Miles felt comfortable when his room was trashed. At the opposite end of the room was Miles's bed, with at least five Oasis and Beatles posters above it. Next to it was his desk which looked out to the pond across the road. On the windowsill were different books that Alex had lent him or ones Miles had always talked about and had saved up money for. The windowsill also held a small cactus.

Miles's guitars sat against the bottom of the bed, his acoustic and electric. A keyboard sat against the wall opposite, and next to that was Miles's wardrobe. Adjacent to that was the door Alex was stepping through.

Alex sat on the comfy black and white bed at the other end of the room, snuggling into Miles' pillow, inhaling the scent.

Miles soon came into the room, holding glasses of what looked like coke and a packet of biscuits.

Miles set them down on the bedside table and sat next to Alex, who was laying down, head in Miles's pillow.

"Hey, don't fall asleep on me." Miles laughed, tracing patterns on Alex's back.

Alex sat up eventually. "Your bed smells good."

"My mum washed it last night, that's probably why." Miles pulled a box of cigarettes out of his jean pocket. "I got these off John today. D'you want one?"

Alex nodded, as Miles opened the packet. He passed one to Alex, who put it between his lips. Miles did the same. He grabbed his lighter from the bedside drawer and lit Alex's for him, before lighting his own cigarette.

The area around them soon smelt of smoke. But that didn't ruin the moment for either of them.

Alex was edging for them to have sex. Even after eating, and watching a bit of TV, he was on the edge of his seat.

They were watching some random sitcom on Miles's TV, laying down together on the bed.

Alex's shirt was riding up his stomach, showing off his belly button. Miles started tracing his finger around that area of skin.

"Hey, Al..." Miles whispered.

Alex hummed in response, turning to face his boyfriend.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, I've never had sex with a boy before, and I don't really know what I'm doing."

Was Miles reading his mind? Alex was thinking about it and now Miles was talking about it.

"Neither have I. You're the first boyfriend I might have sex with."

"Have you had a boyfriend before?"

"Yeah..."

"I thought you said you'd never kissed a boy? And didn't you go out with that girl?" Miles asked, confused. They were still speaking in hushed tones, but no one was around to hear them.

"It was after her. Yeah, I um...well, I kind of lied. I said you were my first boy kiss and I only got turned on because of you being my first...I have kissed a boy before. We held hands and stuff...but we just decided it wasn't best for us to be together." Alex explained.

"Okay...well, I did some research into gay sex-"

"Did you clear your history afterwards?" Alex giggled.

"Yeah." Miles laughed. "I have an idea of what I'm doing."

"Alright."

Miles grabbed the remote and switched the TV off. "Now, um...top and bottom."

"Yeah. Um..."

"Well..."

"You have an idea of what to do. You should top." Alex replied quickly.

Miles nodded. "Right, um...this might be the most awkward I've ever had."

Alex looked down shamefully. "Sorry."

"No, it's not your fault. I want this to be the best I've ever had. But...it might be a bit odd, because I've never fucked a boy before." Miles reassured Alex, looking deep into the boy's eyes.

"Just kiss me, we'll start from there."