10

CHAPTER 10.

Alex texted his mum about going to Alexa's, and then he got the bus with her to Alexa's house

Alex texted his mum about going to Alexa's, and then he got the bus with her to Alexa's house. He'd met her parents a few times, so he greeted them kindly.

The two went up to Alexa's room. Alex sat down on her bed. "Should we get the maths homework done?"

"Yeah, alright."

The two of them worked on the maths together, and got it done in minutes. Usually, it would take Alex hours.

They watched videos on YouTube, as well as watching films. Alex also stayed for tea.

After they finished eating, Alex and Alexa went upstairs again. They laid down on opposite ends of the bed, and talked about whatever came to mind.

"I really missed you, Al. I missed when we used to just have phone calls for hours on end until the other fell asleep."

"I missed you too, Alexa. What happened?"

"I don't know. You found other people, so did I...I'm glad we're talking here now."

"So am I."

"Lex...I know this isn't a good time to bring this up but...I really like you."

Alex sat up and looked at her. She looked back. "Really?"

"Yeah, I know you love Miles and everything, but I had to tell you."

"N-No, Alexa, I...how long has it been? Since you realised this?"

"Some years now..."

Alex thought about this. He realised he quite liked Alexa too, and maybe if he went out with her, it might help him get over Miles. And the school wouldn't think he was gay. But obviously not just that. Also for the fact he liked Alexa.

"I-I like you too."

Alexa blushed, and sat up. "Are you sure?"

"I love Miles, but I'm never going to get him. But I like you too. And I can have you. Don't think you're a second resort. I think...I think you're beautiful, Alexa."

The two faced each other, smiling. Alex made the first move. He placed his hand on her cheek and leaned forward. Once he was close enough, he gently kissed her. This felt nice. It wasn't like kissing Miles, but it was perfect nonetheless.

The two pulled away quite quickly afterwards.

"I can't go out with you though, Alex...I can't let that happen to you, especially when you've dedicated yourself to Miles."

"Alexa, just because I love Miles that doesn't mean-"

"You deserve Miles. I'm sure he'll eventually realise what he's got waiting for him. Okay?"

"A-Alright."

"Miles deserves you too. I think you should know that."