05

CHAPTER 5.

"regret"

"Nathan, there always seems to be trouble with you, but Alex, I expected much better from you!" Peterson shouted at the two boys, sat across from him in his office. "I don't know why you're so smug about, Nathan. You can leave. I'll inform you further about the detention you'll be receiving later. And go back to the medical room and get a new tissue for that god damn nose of yours."

Nathan grinned as he left the office.

"I'm sorry, sir." Alex trembled, tears still pouring his stained face.

"Alex, I know that wasn't you back there. What happened?" Peterson questioned.

"Nathan took my book. My book has...some things in it. Things I don't want people to know about just yet. And he took it, threatened to read it. I couldn't anymore. I just couldn't handle it. I got my book back, but he attacked me in return. I retaliated. I'm sorry. I'll control myself better next time."

"I understand. But I'll still have to give you a detention. I'll let you know further information later."

"Okay, sir." Alex left Peterson's office. Miles was waiting outside.

"Al...fucking hell. Never get involved with Nathan like that again, you hear me?" Miles wrapped his arms around Alex's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Mi." Alex cried into Miles's shoulder.

"Don't be. I love you, Al."

Alex's heart skipped a beat, and his eyes widened. "I-I...What?"

"I love you. You're my best friend. I'd do anything for you."

"Oh..." Alex had gotten his hopes up then.

"Come on, let's go home early. I'm sure we can sneak out some way or another." Miles pulled a soft grin at Alex, before lacing their fingers together. Alex blushed and smiled back, gripping onto Miles's hand firmly.

The two managed to sneak out through the gate, and didn't get caught by the CCTV cameras. When they left school early, they always went to Alex's house.
Since it was raining, the two boys had to run.

Once they unlocked the door, the two boys went upstairs and sat on Alex's bed.

"Are you gonna tell me how you got into that fight with Nathan?" Miles questioned, laying across the bed.

Alex sat at the opposite end of Miles, bringing his knees to his chest. "He tried to steal my book...and it's my private stuff. So I just let my anger out."

"Are you still getting a detention?" Miles asked, propping himself up with his elbow.

"Yeah. Sir said it's only fair since I started the fight."

"I disagree. Maybe it's because you're my friend."

And maybe that's all I'll ever be to you.

"Al, can you promise me something?" Miles sat up and shuffled closer to Alex.

"What?" Alex asked, gulping.

"Promise me you'll never get into a fight again. I hate seeing you upset. It makes me upset too."

Alex had already started crying again. He hated to think about Miles being sad.

"Oh, Al...come on now. It's okay." Miles pulled the crying boy into a hug. He wrapped his arms around Alex's waist and held him tightly, as Alex cried into his blazer.

Miles pulled away slightly to push wet strands of hair out of Alex's face. Their faces were so close. Alex could've kissed him if he wanted. Well, he did want to. But he couldn't. Alex's eyes flickered between Miles's eyes and lips. The drops of rain cascaded down his face. Alex just wanted to press his lips against Miles's wet ones. Make them more wet.

"Don't be sad, Al. Will I have to tickle you to cheer you up?"

"Oh, no, I'm fine-"

Miles very suddenly started tickling Alex's ribs. He knew he hated being tickled there. Alex burst out into laughter, begging Miles to stop. But Miles enjoyed seeing him laugh.

Miles pinned Alex down, refusing to stop tickling him. They rolled onto the floor, Miles hovering above, as he lost balance on one of his legs and fell face first into Alex's face. Their lips were pressed tightly together. There was no space left to breathe. They weren't even kissing. Their mouths were just touching. Miles lifted his head a bit, to allow them both to breathe. A tingling sensation flourished through Alex's entire body. Miles's mouth was open slightly, as he stared Alex right in the eyes.

We basically kissed. Oh my god...why's he looking at me like that? I guess there isn't really any harm in kissing him again, is there?

Alex closed his eyes, and lifted his head, with a sudden outburst of courage, locking lips with Miles. He didn't want to see Miles's reaction, he only wanted to kiss him. It started out slow and soft. Miles wasn't doing anything. Alex placed a hand behind his neck and brought him down further. That's when he felt Miles starting to interact. This was everything to Alex. Their tongues battled for dominance. Miles won. Alex let Miles dominate him. It felt amazing. Miles had Alex's wrist pinned above hi head, and his other hand rested on Alex's other arm.

Alex wanted some form of dominance. He wasn't sure how this would work out, but he decided to do it anyway. He reached his hand down to Miles's crotch, and pressed his palm against it. Miles suddenly stopped kissing him and stood up almost immediately.

"Oh god, I-Alex, I can't...I'm not...into guys. I don't know why I did that. I'm sorry."

Alex stood up, ashamed. He'd finally thought Miles likes him...and he didn't.

"Um, Alex..." Miles cleared his throat and gestured to Alex's trousers. Alex looked down, confused, then realised what Miles meant.

Alex covered his crotch with his hand in embarrassment. "Miles, I think you should leave."

"What? No, Al, let me explain-"

"Miles! Please! Just...just go home." Alex hung his head, and a few moments later he heard a sigh, and the door closed. Alex waited until he heard the front door close, and burst into tears.

He'd officially ruined everything.