07

CHAPTER 7.

The next day was hard for Alex

The next day was hard for Alex. It felt like everything was crumbling around him, and he felt physically sick. He didn't want to do this anymore. And he no longer had any inspiration for writing, especially when it came to Miles.

Alex tried to get out of going to school, but his mum wouldn't let him. He braced to see Miles at the bus stop, but surprisingly, and to Alex's luck, he wasn't there. But why wasn't he there? Had he had the same idea as Alex?

So Alex sat alone on the bus, listening to his playlist on his phone. He wasn't going to text Miles and ask where he was. He was too scared.

When Alex arrived at school, he went to the library. He always went there if Miles wasn't in, and read something.

The whole day, Alex didn't speak. He had no one to speak to. Well, he did. But he didn't want to, until three of his friends, whom he called friends because they talked to him sometimes, came and sat with him at lunch. Matt, Jamie and Nick.

"You alright, Al?" Matt asked. "Where's Miles?"

Alex shrugged, and ate his sandwich.

"No, are you seriously alright mate?" Jamie asked, putting his hand on Alex's shoulder. "You look upset."

Should I tell them? They're really nice. They seem to like me.

"Um, I think Miles and I had a bit of a falling out. He's not in today because...well, I kind of told him to leave my house last night."

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you." Nick reassured him. "Hey, hang out with us. We'll sit with you in geography later, okay?"

Alex nodded. "Thanks."

"It's alright."

The four of them continued to talk together for the rest of lunch. Then, Alex made his way to English. A girl he talked to sometimes called Alexa came and sat next to him.

"Are you okay, Alex?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit...well, I don't know." Alex responded.

"I'll sit with you if you want. I get that you miss Miles." Alexa smiled at him.

Alex smiled back. Alexa was lovely. She'd actually asked him to a school dance once after he and his girlfriend broke up. Alex used to have a bit of a crush on her, and he still did. But Miles was too important to him.

In geography, Matt, Nick and Jamie sat with Alex. They told him about how they wanted to start a band. When the teacher was talking, Alex went in his bag to look for his water bottle. That's when he noticed something.

His book wasn't there.

Alex started to panic, purely because of the fact that it had all his love letters to Miles in it. But not only that. It also contained his email, address and his phone number. He was more concerned about the letters.