11

CHAPTER 11.

"i'm sorry"

i'm sorry miles.
i do love you. i always have and i always will. you were the first boy i fell in love with, and probably the last.
i'm sorry.
but you can't love me back. and that's okay. that's why i have alexa. i love her and i wouldn't change her for the world. but you, miles, i just want you to know that you were the first. you're the only one i will have. my first love, eternally.
i don't know why you'd be mad, but since you probably know i'm in love with you now, i have nothing left to do but stay away from you. because if you can't love me, i can't stay around you as i'll only love you more.

- al

__________

Alex and Alexa walked into school the next Monday, hand in hand

Alex and Alexa walked into school the next Monday, hand in hand. Alex had gotten her bus instead of going to school with Miles.

Miles saw them walk into school together. He walked over quickly.

"Uh, Al! Where were you?"

"O-Oh. I got A-Alexa's bus...I forgot to text you." Alex replied.

"That's alright." Miles smiled over at Alexa, who returned the gesture. Then, Miles noticed they were holding hands.

"Uh, Al, I need to talk to you in Biology." Miles said quietly.

"Alright."

Miles soon walked off.

"Do you think he noticed?" Alex asked.

"I think so. He seemed a bit...off." Alexa replied. "He seemed a bit jealous, I'll be honest with you."

"B-But he doesn't like me. We established that."

"What I mean is he seems jealous of us being close and him not having a chance to be with you."

"I was obsessed with him," Alex whispered. "But at the moment he's acting really strange. I don't know if I want to be around him all that much."

"Are you sure?"

Alex gripped her hand tighter. "I like being around you, Alexa."

Alexa blushed. "I like being around you too."

Once inside the school, everyone noticed them holding hands. Alex even heard someone mumble,

"I thought he was gay?"

"Turner!" Mr. Peterson called after him. Alex turned around, after he told Alexa to go without him.

"Y-Yes, sir?" Alex asked.

"I've issued your detention for lunch today, in my office."

"Okay, sir."

In biology, Miles and Alex always sat next to each other. Today was not an exception.