A Huge Transformation

When I came to this house after marriage, I faced certain difficulties adjusting into this new family. However, I treated this house as a full-fledged body and I acted as the backbone of that body. Nurturing every element of this body with my full capacity and attention, I brought a beautiful soul to it. There have been times when the survival was tough, however, with hope, care, love and hard work, I didn't let anyone down and nurtured it always back to its beautiful shape. It has always been my full-time job along with my professional job as a teacher. I devoted my life to my family.

By God's grace, my family is physically healthy and financially sound now. My kids are grown up with my elder son as an intellectual professional and the younger one as a grown-up artist. As my husband and I don't need to work anymore so we have retired peacefully looking forward to the marriage of my elder son. However, looking forward to adding a new member to the family is not easy. It brings along a lot of insecurities. I must admit that I have certain expectations from my elder son's life partner. I expect her to reflect my nature and behavior, to exhibit strength and be capable of binding this house gracefully even during the tough times.

Being the backbone of the house, I can't even share my insecurities about this new member with my family. I am afraid what if she won't be able to hold it all together, or nurture it the way I did for all these years, or won't be sensitive to care yet strong enough to survive through tough times. What if the new member ruins my hard work of all my life, and separates my beloved children from me. In all these years, I could never realize that I became so protective of my family that anyhow, I am not able to accept anyone new to our happy little world.

I could never realize that how a new member to the family turned into a mother-in-law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends,

Hope you like the content. Don't forget to share your views through comments, and your love through stars. Write to me, if you want me to improve upon anything.

You can reach out to me:

Email: naina.goyal13gmail.com