Chapter Thirteen; A Bloody Consequence

Start from the beginning

   Although I guess, in a way, I still do deserve what is happening to me. I deserve to lose everything for the second time. I deserve to lose everything again and again a thousand times after what I did, and even a trillion could not possibly make up for the life I've already taken. I'd lose everything however many times it takes to prove to something that I've changed. To prove to anything at all that I've changed. And so, I suppose, maybe this won't be so bad.

   Because at least I'll know my retribution has been paid.

   And as for what happens until then, I can only hope it will not be a struggle. . . because then, at least, I can go peacefully. Just seeing as Sans never could.

* * *

   I wake up in a frenzy. There is no telling at this point how long I've been here all on my own, and I've been drifting in and out of sleep over the course of that time. But, each time I wake from said sleep, I feel my energy draining more and more. And this time, when I wake, I am sure-- there is no doubt about it anymore. I've been here for too long.

   I am going to die.

   Most likely today. I've got some energy left, but there's no way I'll make it to tomorrow. I'm just too weak; too starved of the magic that my body desperately needs to survive. I'm too far gone. At this point, even if I were to escape, I wouldn't make it far. It's just not plausible.

   It also doesn't take me long to realize, however, that this time, I didn't wake up on my own. I was woken up, by the sound of hurried feet scuffling around frantically from just outside the door.

   Oh, great, I think, though my mind is still very cloudy and fogged. They. . . is it them? They're back. . .

   Within seconds, the door opens, and someone enters the room. They place something down on the table just next to my head, and then continue to scuttle around. But I don't hear the lights come on, which quickly confuses me. Won't it be, like, pitch black in here? Why wouldn't they want the lights on?

   I let out a sudden exclamation of surprise when the piece of duct tape is suddenly torn from my mouth, lightly stinging. I immediately begin to plead, telling them to please don't hurt me and that I'll do what they want, but my voice is struggling to emerge after days of neglect and decay. I am quickly silenced by a hand being placed back over my mouth, and a whispering voice that suddenly appears all too familiar:

   "Papyrus, ssshh! It's us, we're here to help!"

   . . .

   Flowey?!

   "F-Flowey?" I quickly repeat, in complete and utter shock. How does he know about this place? How did he know about me, and that I was being tied up and hidden here? Better yet, why save me?! Is he aware right now of just how much danger he's really in by being in a place like this?

   "And Frisk, too," he confirms, as he continues. "But listen, we're going to get you out. Frisk is already getting started on the straps, and as soon as they're done, we have to go. We don't have much time, so it'll have to be quick. Do you think you'll be able to walk properly? Frisk will help you walk if you need. They'll do their best to help you stand."

   My mind is racing a mile a minute, and I hadn't even noticed Frisk undoing the straps until after Flowey pointed it out. It takes me a large amount of time longer than it probably should have for me to respond, and even then, I can barely decipher what is coming out of my own mouth.

   "I. . . I don't know. . ."

   Flowey keeps trying to talk to me, but it doesn't take me long to zone out. He continues to rant about how Frisk will help support me, and asking me a bunch of questions about how I feel, all of which I completely ignore. In fact, I don't even hear what he is saying until I interrupt him with my own sudden question, which flies out of my mouth before I can do anything to stop it. He trails off.