Chapter Twelve; Wide Awake

!WARNING!

This chapter contains content that some readers may find disturbing and/or triggering. If you are sensitive to certain subjects, I recommend you skip this part. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~

   Magnus and Paul have me enter the building quickly, and lead me down a very considerably shorter hallway than the previous building had. I can't guess why exactly these guys are in such a hurry, since I can hear no footsteps aside from ours, and can't pick up on any trace of there being anyone else in this building besides them. But still, I follow, doing my best to keep up as they usher me swiftly down the corridor, turning along with them rather sharply at the end. We travel another few meters on before turning again, and they push me down onto some sort of table, laying me flat on my back and immediately beginning to tie me up again.

   The two push my feet down onto the corners of the surface, winding the rope around and tying the knot before I can even protest. They are working fast, and I still fail to understand just why exactly it is that these two are rushing. By the time they've moved to my hands, I am a lot more prepared for it and attempt to fight back, transferring all of the strength I can muster into that action. My lack of energy is most certainly not doing me well, as I find myself much weaker than I'd expected, and the two work together to hold me down and re-tie my hands to their own corners of the table as well. My head is spinning as they continue to strap me down in various places, and before I can even really grasp the fact that I've been thoroughly overpowered, the lights go off and the door slams shut, leaving me all alone yet again.

   And so here I shall sit, completely immobile, awaiting the gruesome fate that I surely have in store.

* * *

   By the time anything further occurs, at least a day has already passed. And throughout every second of it, I have remained here, tied down onto a surface that is not only extremely uncomfortable, but also provides me with zero mobility whatsoever. All four of my limbs are tied to different corners, and I am strapped to the table in too many places to count. Why these guys could possibly have a need for this many straps, I can't even begin to decipher. All I know is, they don't want me escaping, and are obviously willing to go through any measures possible to ensure that I don't. And that is final.

   But either way, trouble is stirring. And if there's anything I know, it's that it's about to unleash its trembling wrath.

   I am already awake when the unthinkable begins. The first thing I process is the lights flicking on, since I can hear the loud click that drifts down from every light bulb simultaneously as the room is lit up. There isn't even anybody in the room yet, which means this entire building must operate a single switch that controls everything. That, or pretty large portions of it. At this point, I begin to silently brace myself for whatever is to come, knowing that I'll need as much mental preparation as I can get if I want to be able to function properly afterwards.

   Next, I hear the people. I don't even bother with trying to figure out who it is. At this point, who else could it be? My Soul immediately starts beating faster as five pairs of hurried footsteps file in and fill the room, quickly gathering around the table. One of them dumps something in the corner of the room to my back left, then approaches the table as well, clapping the dirt off his hands.

   "Alright," he starts, laughing in anticipation. The voice clearly belongs to Paul. "So, what shall we do to him first, torture him or~?"

   There is a brief silence, and I assume the responding Monster must be thinking. "Hmm, no, as enticing as torture does sound," he replies, the second voice belonging to Rocco. I can hear the malice in his words already, and the hard part has not even begun.