Chapter 18: It's a long road ahead and a long one behind.

She heads to the city gates, as she's approaching, she sees a band of about four or five others from a well known mercenary group known as The Iron Head mercenaries, they are famed throughout the world because they have worked for royalty and nobility and have bases in almost every country in every realm. She waits to get past them but they have two carriages, she starts getting a bit impatient after twenty minutes. She walks up to the lead horseman of the first carriage, who is actually a woman. She appears to be a rare moon elf with pure silver hair, glowing white skin and bright silvery grey eyes, she's quite tall and very slender built, she has a beautiful white shortbow on her back. Eleanora asks the elf's name.

 Eleanora asks the elf's name

Altona

"Excuse me miss?"
The elf looks at her and smiles brightly.
"Yes? My name is Altona... But please call me Ali."
Eleanora nods in a friendly manner.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Eleanora. Can you tell me what is the hold up here?"
Ali shrugs.
"Not really, our inventory is being checked... It makes no sense because we are leaving the city, not entering..."
Eleanora shakes her head impatiently.
"Damn it... They must have cracked down on security for some reason... Where are you headed?"
Ali gives her another sweet smile. She's naturally a very friendly elf.
"We have a mission in the Northern realm, in Calladon. We're headed to the capital city of Kaer Amos."
She looks surprised.
"Oh, wow... That's a long journey..."
Just then a young man pops his head out of the front door of the carriage, he sees Eleanora and suddenly smiles, almost deviously. She can't see him clearly yet though as it's too dark.
"Hm, I thought I heard another voice... And what a beautiful voice it is too..."

Eleanora rolls her eyes at his obvious attempt at flirting.
"And you are?"
He hops out of the cart in the same cocky manner that Seb would.
"The name is Darien Jaeger, bard and swordsman. I'm the one in command of this band of roving misfits... What did you say your name was?"
She doesn't have time for introductions, she just wants to leave.
"If you must know, it's Eleanora. You are all taking forever, I need to leave... Preferably before sunrise..."

He steps into the lantern light and she can see him better. He's clearly human and he's quite handsome in a well groomed sort of way, he has a neatly trimmed beard dusting only his chin and mustache area, he's about five feet ten or eleven, slim built but wiry and he looks anywhere between twenty five and thirty. He has mid length wavy dark brown hair and smouldering dark brown eyes.

 He has mid length wavy dark brown hair and smouldering dark brown eyes