"Not for someone like her," she snapped her head back to her son. "You were meant to be the heir of our company, whether you accept it or not. You've proven that you qualify a much greater amount than Daniel, you are fit to sit as head of the company and you will, Jungkook."

Meanwhile Jungkook's father and Daniel stood behind her silently. His father the same blank canvas he has always been, it's clear that after years of having to put up with that woman he's given up, tuned out the world and turned his cheek in order to save himself from her problems. Daniel on the other hand looked conflicted, visible sweat glistening on his forehead, teeth gnawing on his lip nervously as he processed the scene in front of him.

"I'm sorry, my sweet Ji-eun, but I can't trust that you won't try to help them," her face softened as she gazed at her only daughter, her emotions finally showing through for a split second.

"Take them away until tonight is over. Tomorrow you will show up for work, Jungkook. And you," she didn't even look in my direction as her hand came up to flick at the air as she turned on her heel. "You will be out of his life forever."

--

I'm not sure where they took us or how long we've hopelessly waited for someone to come for us. 

They immediately blindfolded us as soon as Jungkook's mother was out of sight. But considering we never entered a vehicle, I could only guess that we were still being held inside the banquet hall building.

Jungkook slammed his body against the door again in an attempt to break it down, but to no avail. I looked at his tired panting form, his hard expression, the way he staggered more and more each time he tried to ram the door down and sighed.

"Jungkook, please stop trying. You're going to hurt yourself."

I was sitting on an old wooden crate in the near empty room. There was a tiny window to the far right, not nearly big enough for even Ji-eun to slip out of, the glow of the moon the only light source we had. Ji-eun sat across the room from me on a plastic bin she flipped over to use as a stool.

Jungkook's cry of fury rang out loud throughout the small colorless room and I flinched at the horrid defeated sound. He beat the door with his fists, taking all of his anger out on the sturdy locked wood before collapsing to his knees, back facing the two of us and his shoulders began to shake, more tears fell and stained the cement floor.

I stood up and walked over to him slowly, scared if I approached him too fast he would try to lash out at me as if I was one of those abnormally monstrous looking men who had come back to torture us.

'Please tell me they won't come back.'

"Jungkook," I whispered, gently kneeling down in front of his slumped figure.

He didn't look up at me, too ashamed to meet my eyes. His hoarse voice came out softly.

"I trusted that woman when I should have known she wouldn't let me step down. I accepted her fake apology too easily and let her be a step ahead of me. I thought that maybe she finally came to her senses after seeing me finally happy with someone I love. Usually a mother is jumping for joy when her son finally wants to settle down, give her grandchildren. But she doesn't care about any of that shit, she only cares that I give her more money and give her a better throne to sit on," I bit my lip and wiped the tears falling on my cheeks, my heart hurting around the edges at his words.

"I'm sorry I can't save you, Princess," he choked out gruffly, hands slapping against his face as he broke down in front of me. I held onto his hands to stop him and pulled them into my lap.

"We're not giving up, Jungkook. We're not going to let her win," I said firmly, trying to bring back the confident spark he always carried.

Ji-eun got up, helping me lift Jungkook up off the floor as we sat him down on the crate I once rested on.

"Brother," she said faintly, her hand cupping his cheek. She smiled through tears. "We're gonna get out of here, okay? And when we do, when you resign, I want you to get out of this city, you hear me? Don't contact mother ever again. Live the kind of life that you want." They held onto each other as Jungkook nodded and wrapped his sister into a tight hug. 

I left them alone to be with each other and went back to the door still standing annoyingly durable.

'It's no use, but it can't hurt to try,' I thought to myself as I hiked my dress up to my thighs, stance of a bull ready to charge.

"Y/n, what are you-- "

I charged at the door, a high pitched scream rushing out of my throat as I braced myself for collision.

Only I felt nothing.

My body toppled over from momentum as I flung out into the brightly lit hall.

"Oh my God! I can walk through walls! What voodoo shit did my parents pull this time?!" I said as I brought myself onto my knees, staring down at my body as I flipped my palms over and over again with wide intrigued eyes.

"Umm, not quite. You really believe in that shit?"

I looked up in confusion over to the door, wide open and still attached at the hinges. 

I squinted up at the figures face.

Daniel.

A/N♡:

WHAT?!??! Daniel saves the day?!?!?!?

Who would have thought?