Chapter 23

Disclaimer: This Chapter contains a smut scene. If you're not comfortable with this kind of content you can just skip it :)

Today, two weeks later the boys have gathered again. It's Hoseoks birthday and Hyungwon has been busy all day to prepare the little surprise party he had been planning with the others for a while.

He had a lot of things to think about and to plan but the hardest thing about today was definitely to act sick, but not too sick for Hoseok to worry and stay at home with him.

It's almost 3 in the afternoon. Hoseoks shift ends in about half an hour and he should arrive sooner or later. The whole time Hyungwon has been roaming through their flat, triple checking everything, arranged things multiply times and changed his outfit too often.

The others have been watching him, mostly amused by his behavior. Minhyuk was the only one who still tried to calm him down a bit, but after a while of hopelessly trying to speak to him, he just gave up.

"So, everyone has found a spot to hide when Hoseok comes? I don't want the surprise to flop." Hyungwon asks the others, again showing how nervous he is about the whole thing. Everyone nods in union.

"Hyungwon." Minhyuk suddenly calls out. "Relax. Everything is going to be fine. You can trust us. We're your friends, aren't we?"

Hyungwon just nods and with shaking hands he finally sits down on the empty spot next to Jooheon.

"It's just that I've never planned this kind of surprise for anyone ever and I'm just afraid anything won't work out as it should." He sighs again, taking one of the cups that's filled with some chai tea. "I'm not even sure if he likes it."

"He will I'm sure." Jooheon just says, while he gently pats the older boys back. "I mean it's prepared by you so that's already a reason for him to like it."

He nods again. Sighs. "I know." His voice is low.

"Then what are you worrying about?" Kihyun asks. "I don't get it. Everything is going to be fine."

"I know." Hyungwon repeats again, his voice is louder than before. "I know you're all here to help me and I appreciate this a lot. Really... But still I am just a person that constantly worries about everything. Like literally everything. I can't just stop this. I'm sorry."

Minhyuk sits on the armrest next to the younger boy and softly strokes his shoulder. "Don't worry. I think you have your reasons for this, but you don't have to talk about it. Maybe someday when you feel ready to tell us. We're all your friends and you can trust us."

Hyungwon nods again. "yeah I know. Just leave me alone for a moment okay?" he asks, while he gets up from the couch and walks to his and Hoseoks' bedroom. He falls onto the bed and his look wanders to the present laying on the floor. It's a pullover Hoseok and him bought together. Right now, Hyungwon is wearing the matching one to it. For them it was a cute idea to have couple pullovers. Besides this he bought a figurine of his favorite game character D.va. Hoping that Hoseok would like his presents he also added lot of sweets to the present.

While lying down on the bed Hyungwons gaze wanders from the presents to the ceiling where he rests his eyes for a few minutes. "Why can't I forget the feeling that something bad will happen soon?" Hyungwon quietly murmurs to himself. "Why can't I just be happy for once without overthinking everything?"

He takes a deep breath and rolls down on his side, where he grabs a pillow to hug it tight. "I just want Hoseok to have a nice birthday but with a moody boyfriend it will ruin everything." He whispers into the pillow. A few sobs escape his lips but Hyungwon quickly shakes his head and wipes the tears away. "I shouldn't cry now. This just makes things worse."