Chapter One.

"I really think you should invite Austin. I'm sure he would love to come." My mom told me while I was writing down names to invite for my graduation. Me inviting Post Malone to my college graduation was like me outright asking for attention. "You both have been best friends since kindergarten. Why not, Rylee?" I made a loud sigh and wrote his name down. It's a long shot, but I kinda miss him.

Graduation was only in a few days and I was extremely late on getting my invitations out because I've been so busy with finals. I decided to take a break and go outside to get some fresh air. I thought about the idea of me possibly seeing Austin again. After high school, he moved away to California and I stayed here in Texas to go to college. We'd talk every now and then, but over the years it's been barely anything.

Majority of the time he was busy with being a famous rapper, and the other half was me having the biggest crush on my best friend and not wanting to ruin our friendship. Instead, I ruined the friendship by overworking myself in school so I won't have to think about him. In this case, it didn't work.

I heard the sliding doors behind me open and close, "Ry, you okay?" My mom quietly asked. I knew she knew what was wrong with me, but wanted me to painfully admit it. "It's just the whole Austin thing. I really miss him, but I'm so nervous to see him. What if he doesn't show up? What if he's not the same?" I replied to her, asking her questions she wouldn't even know the answer to.

"Or what if you still have a crush on him? Ry, it's okay. He's still going to be the same Austin Post you've known. Okay?" she assured me. I shook my head yes, but still let my anxiety fill me with doubt. After awhile she left, which led me back to our scrapbook Austin and I had made together.

There was the time we learned how to swim together, first time playing a sport, him wearing suits in middle school and me wearing dresses. I smiled at how young we were. Then I looked further in the book, our first day at high school, the day we first got jobs and then the day we graduated. I missed him so much.

After spending much wasted time, I mailed the invitations off. I kinda hoped Austin sees it in time to show up, but then again I'm not 100% ready to see him just yet. On my way home I called my best friend I made in college to sleepover because I knew I was prone to be sad tonight.

"Omi.. I sent him an invitation and I honestly don't know if my heart can take it. I regret it and wish I can take it back." I pouted. Naomi looked at me, laughing. "Seriously, Rylee. Get your shit together, your cute, your body is banging what more can I say. He's gonna see that you changed and want every piece of you." She responded. I had definitely changed, feature and figure wise, but that's not what I want from him. I want to see the best friend that i've always known and love.

"How about you send him a quick text?" Naomi gave me a sly smirk. No. No. No. "I think NOT." I said before she even had any time to blink. "No, just think about it as a warning for Post Ma- I mean, Austin. Just let him know you're sending it and hopefully maybe see if he's interested in coming!" I sat back for a couple minutes, I went back and forth in my decision then came to the conclusion that I'll just let it be a surprise.

Naomi went to sleep about two hours before I did and the only reason I invited her was to keep me distracted. Now look at me, awake and anxious.

A/N: Okay, so this is my first story ever & i'm actually really nervous about publishing it, but i hope it goes well. At first it's gonna be boring, but it'll get better. Annnnd, sorry for it being so short.