That Summer; Prologue

They say everything happens for a reason, I believe that's very true. Sometime's you'll realize the reason right away and other times it may take you a week, a month, or maybe even a year to see the reason. No matter what though, always believe that there is reason. My name's charlotte but everyone calls me charlie duddly, my mom came up with the nickname because I never really liked my name it reminded me of the spider from that pig movie. I don't like spiders. Anyways! I guess I should start telling you guys about what happened that summer right? Wrong. I have to start with happened the summer before but have no fear! it'll be qucik I promise! 

It was the first day of summer, junior year was over, and my bestfriend cassy came to get me for a girls night out, i had just gotten into a fight with my mother over college plans. I wanted to be a dancer I was great at it, not to be conceited, but I was. My mother had other plans for me though...anyways It was suppose to be a great night just go out and hang with the girls but it was the total opposite. Just as I was out the door the housephone rang, I thought it would be my mom calling me to yell at me some more, she stormed out of the house about an hour ago and drove off really angrily; she always did that when she was mad.