That Summer;Chapter 1

I somtimes wonder what would have happened if I hadn't picked up the phone at THAT moment what if I got the message a couple hours later? Would my life be different? Like I said, everything happens for a reason.

"hello?"

"Hi, are you a relative of Emily Duddyly? This is Dr.collins from the ER"

I suddenly got air caught in my throught, it was so hard to speak until I finally coughed out the words

"yeah...i'm her daughter..is..is she ok?" I staggered out nervously

I heard the doctor take a deap breath and say, "We would just like you to please get here" with that he hung up.  Cassy drove me to the hospital I made her leave because I didn't know what was going to happen all I knew was I didn't want anyone there but at the same time I was just yearning for someone to hold my hand and tell me it was going to be ok. I stepped out of the elevator in my platforms, people staired clearly knowing I didn't belong there but at the time I felt like they all knew something bad was coming. I talked to the receptionist and the doctor came right up to me, I saw the look on his face, i'v seen that look before, I knew it was over. Again. I wasn't ready for this, but I wasn't ready the first time either. If there was world record for running super fast with platforms I think I surely beat it. I ran and ran and ran until I found myself on the roof I saw the ledge and walked towards it. I stepped up on it and just looked down at the city with tears streaming down my face so everything was blury my legs were shaking, I didn't really know if I was going to do it or not I guess i'll never know. 

"Don't do it" I heard someone say with a deap calm voice and an english accent behind me "don't do it" he repeated

"No one asked for your comments" I snapped back 

"I'm gonna get help" He said a little more quietly

"Don't you dare move or i'll jump!" I said turning towards him, to my surprise it was none other than nathan sykes who stood before me with the same surprised look on his face. 

"c..come on.." He stuttered out, his hand was shaking and he looked like he was the one standing on the edge of 12 story building and not me. I just staired at him a little I didn't know what to say so he spoke again.

"wh..whatever it is, that's not the answer..so please just take my hand" I heard some confidence come into his voice at the last part. I was mesermized how could I not take the poor guys hand? I stepped off the ledge and he pulled me in for a hug. Despite how much he was shaking I heard a sigh of relief come out of him. 

"Thank you" I whispered. He slowly let go of me and looked at me and smiled,

"You're welcome" I snapped out of my trans and realized what was going on "wait..." I said "what are you doing up here?" I saw him rub the back of his head and adjusting his hat obviously getting shy again.

" The lads and I are here to visit cancer treated kids and I got a little sad so I came up here for some fresh air how about yo- uhh" I laughed a little as he caught himself, but then I got sad again as I remembered what I have to go back down to and face, so I started to leave. 

"Hey wait! what's your name?" I heard him say, I felt him say it with a smile I didn't even have to turn around. "once is a cuincidence, twice is fate, I'll tell you if I ever see you again." 

------------------------

thoughts?