Then his sensors went off. He looked around the room, searching for a familiar clown face. When he didn't spot her, he walked out from the front desk and looked around. He came across a corner and turned it, walking into a hallway. In the middle of it was Harley, chewing on her bubble gum. She disappeared into an elevator, and Wade followed. He slipped inside just in time before it closed.  

Harley was at the glass waving down to the squad like a child. Wade cleared his throat, startling her. "Wade? What're you part-time stalker or somethin'?" She crossed her arms.

"Actually, part-time stalker stopper." She gave him a strange look. He shook his head. "Never mind. Let's just get off this th--"

Just then there was a phone beep. Harley pulled out her purple phone and smiled at the new message. Wade peeked over her shoulder and read the message: I AM CLOSE BE READY...

 Wade peeked over her shoulder and read the message: I AM CLOSE BE READY

"From your Joker, I presume." Wade raised his eyebrow. 

Harley clicked the phone off and put it in her shorts pocket. "None of your business."

"Look, Harley, I'm s--"

Suddenly, a monster came out of the ceiling and choked Harley against the wall. She tried to punch him but that had no effect. Wade took out his gun and shot it on the head, killing it. "There goes that bullet." 

Harley just stepped over the monster and fixed her hair in the window glass. "Harley, I'm sorry." Her eyes widened, and Wade looked out the glass just as a monster broke through. It swung at Wade. He ducked, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." 

Harley punched the monster from behind. "Well, you did." The monster turned to her and before it could act she kicked it.

"I know. I know." Wade put the monster in a headlock and moved to the wall. "But I wanna let you know that you were right." He said at the same time Harley bashed the monster's head in.

"What?" She asked, unable to hear before.

"I said you were right!" Wade raised his voice. Another monster started climbing in from the broken window. Wade and Harley grinned at each other, and kicked him off. Wade turned her shoulders to face him. "I'd never would've said those things if I'd known they'd make you angry."

They looked into each other eyes longingly. For a second they slipped back into the mental oasis that they had formerly fallen into. But Harley pulled away, gripping her bat's handle. "Whatever." She scoffed, and swung her weapon into an oncoming monster. But she missed, and held her by the waist.

"Go up!" He instructed her. She obeyed him, and used the elevator wall to flip over and out of the monster's grips. Wade then slung out his sword and Harley picked up her bat. They raised their long weapons and in one swing, off went the monsters head.

"So what do ya say?" He rested his sword on his shoulder. "Friends?"

She blew a lock of hair out of her face and pursed her lips. Wade stared as her eyes darted up in thought. He awaited her answer, until finally she smiled menacingly. "Who said we were just friends?"

He shook his head, mirroring the same smile. "Psycho."

"Douchebag." She shot back, making them both chuckle.

Then the elevator doors opened, revealing the squad (...and Rick Flag) standing ready for a fight. Wade and Harley gave them friendly grins. "Hey, guys." Harley chirped, stepping over the dead monster. Wade followed beside her and the squad made way for them to pass through. Once they did, they turned around. 

"Come on, let's go." Harley ushered.

"Yeah, move your asses." Wade ushered as well.

The squad just gave them odd looks to which the clown and merc ignored. They spun around and trotted away, giggling to each other all the while.

Boomer looked at Deadshot, asking the obvious question. "What the hell did they do in that elevator?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN I JUST SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! ESPECIALLY WHEN WADE AND HARLEY WERE FIGHTING IN THE ELEVATOR! SORRY... I GET EXCITED. ANYWAY, COME BACK ON THURSDAY FOR MORE. I'LL HAVE AN UPDATE BEFORE 9:30 P.M. I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER, LET ALONE THE STORY SO FAR. MORE WILL BE COMING SOON! BYE!