Chapter 1: The Letter

"Please Joanne, see the weather today is also so chilled. It's a perfect day to have coffee." My friend Alyssa is trying to convince me.

I am Joanne Reece. I stay with my nanny in Pennsylvania. My parents stay in New York and come to visit me after every few weeks. My father is an owner of a huge company and my mother is a designer.

"Exactly. Look, it's a perfect weather to read books." I reply.

Alyssa Knot and I got close because of a boy (both of us had a crush on him and spending time on talking about him brought us close). She is tan with straight, long, black hair and looks beautiful. She stays a few blocks away from me.

"Oh come on J, we are trying to convince you since past half hour. Say yes." This time it's Pernel.

Pernel Arnott stays in the same block as Alyssa and Deeann. Pernel, Deeann and I got close because of FRIENDS. We're crazy about it. Pernel is cute and chubby, with blonde wavy hair. She is an artist and has an amazing taste in clothing.

"Let's go to Dream Bean Café. I want to have java chip latte." Deeann shouts in excitement.

Deeann Burnette is the mother and gossip queen of our group. She never breaks rules and always advices us to not to do things that will make us fall in trouble. That's the reason we call her the mother of our group. She is very smart and knows about everything that's going around. She looks pretty with those silky brown hair of hers which go along well with her skin tone.

Alyssa, Pernel, Deeann and I are school friends and we've been together since grade eight. It's been five years and our bond has grown stronger. We fight a lot but cannot spend even 24 hours without talking to each other.

__________

                "Look at that boy on the next table Joanne, he's starring at you since the very beginning," Alyssa nudges me.

I look at that boy. Deep green eyes. Long eyelashes. Blonde hair. Clear skin. Pink lips. Deep dimples. Perfect face cut. Denim pants and black and white striped tshirt.  Charismatic. Oh my God!! He is so adorable.

"Joanne to earth." Deeann shouts near my ear and I am taken aback.

"He's cute." Pernel's blushing.

"Oh my God. Joanne he's coming towards you." She whispers.

"Ask his name." Aly says

"Ask for his number." Pernel sounds excited.

Alyssa also adds, "If he asks you out, please say yesss."

"No Joanne. Don't do anything and spoil your image." mother Deanne advices me. Did I mention she doesn't like boys because they're one of the stupidest people on earth?

"Shut up you all. Why will he approach me? Stop fancying such things." I reply.

Turns out that I was wrong. He comes towards our table and stops right in front of me. Hands me a letter and leaves.

I stare at the letter with my jaw dropped.