Chapter 10: "...Partners in Crime..."

Chapter visuals above ⬆️ 

ERIKA'S POV

Waking up to the sound of my 7am alarm going off was not a good feeling. I groan and hit the snooze button and cover my face from the sunlight, hoping to get a few more minutes of sleep.

The warm body of heat that was currently spooning me however had other plans.

"Morning beautiful." Danté murmured in a deep, half awake voice and kissed the back of my neck sending a surprised chill down my spine.

Unfortunately, our original plan of stealing the artwork last night, didn't end up going through because we both were tired as hell and really needed a good night's sleep.

"10 more minutes babe..." I whined into my pillow only to realise what I had just said.

Shit

Feeling sudden movement from behind me, I curl up into a ball of embarrassment in hopes that he'll ignore my slip up of affection. The weight on the bed slowly changes as Dante looms over me; blocking out the sun. Without even opening my eyes I can tell he has a stupid grin on his face.

"Did you just call me babe?" He asked rhetorically.

Opening my eyes, I am welcomed by the sight of a Greek god-like man looking down at me with an illuminating smile, which was complemented by his messy hair that was haloed by the sun.

"Yeeeeesssss?...." I said sheepishly waiting from his response.

Without a second to waste, he closed the space between us and kissed me for what felt like a second and an eternity at the same time.

And no... I know what you guys are thinking... but no, we did not have sex.

Finally pulling away, he kissed my head and rolls off the bed pulling the blankets with him, leaving me exposed to the elements.

"Asshole!" I screamed out in protest.

"Nah, I like babe better." He retorted back before going into the bathroom.

Letting out a sigh of frustration I get out of bed and start getting pumped for the day.

It's not everyday you get to steal an artwork from a wealthy man's house while accompanied by his hot brother...

And speaking of hot brother, after having agreed on stealing the artwork we needed to work fast and get everything into the car to go to Dante's home, but as we were placing the 'equipment into the car' last night, Dante received a message from his brother. It read:

Hey bro, do me a solid favour and find somewhere else to sleep tonight (just for tonight, I promise). I'm bringing a girl over ;)

Although distuded and disgusted at how fast Prospèro moved on from Ange, both me and Danté sighed in relief. Cos it had seemed that he wasn't going to be interested in destroying the artwork any time soon.

At least not that night.

And so we're now spending the rest of today perfecting the plan so everything goes smoothly. The fact that Danté lives with him in the apartment, helps a lot, cos it makes outsmarting their security much easier.

Danté was positive that Prospéro wouldn't arrive home until 9:30pm and I was sure Ange would be working at the club till 11pm.

So we had to be out of there by 9:10pm without fail.

It's currently 8:02pm, to be exact, and Danté and I are walking up the stairs of Prospéro and his shared apartment building.

Damn, they really did live in the richest part of the city. You could clearly see the beautiful water and the dark silhouette of the skyline on the other side.