Chapter 4: "...Deal?..."

A/N: Chapter visuals above ⬆️

ANGELICA'S POV

*Ping*

My phone buzzed for what feels like the billionth time this hour, which I'm guessing; is another text from Travis.

TRAVIS: 'Hey, you haven't replied in a while. So, when are you free?'

Oh my gosh, this guy is not leaving me alone.

ME: 'I'm busy, with work and everything.'

I've had to resort to playing the work card for the past two days, and I know for sure, that excuse won't work for long. Well, technically I'm not lying. That little stunt Prospèro pulled at the cafe three days ago, did not go unnoticed. My Art Gallery has been given a lot of positive attention, but me?

His fans want me dead.

Thanks to Erika, she reread all the 'lovely' fan comments about how I upset Prospèro and how I deserved the worst thing possible. They are crazy frikken fangirls. I'm not gonna lie, I'm one too. But not for Prospèro obviously.

Not yet...

Wait what?

Shit, I'm so tired.

I look at the clock; which read 11:50 am. I should probably tell Kat to get us our lunch.

Walking out of my office and into the Gallery Hall, I hear the jingle of the door-bell, signalling a possible buyer. Putting on my best smile and smoothing creases from my attire, I walk to welcome my new customer.

He had his back to me.

Wait!

Why the heck does his back look so familiar?!

Backs shouldn't look familiar! Oh my gosh, I need to lie down.

"Hi..." I spoke, timidly, still wondering who that familiar back belonged to.

"Angel..." His raspy voice spoke, turning around and showing me his perfect frikken face.

What the FUCK?!!

- - - -

PROSPÈRO'S POV

I couldn't stop thinking about her.

That day at the cafe wasn't necessary. Yes, I followed her there, but it was for good intentions.

I wanted that artwork.

Yes, I said things I didn't mean, but she infuriates me. I've been tracking and reading what everyone has been saying about her, and now I feel even worse.

At-least one good thing came out of that day. Because that was the day I learnt her name.

Angelica...

Last night, I had forced Danté to go to her Art Gallery and apologise on my behalf, because I didn't have the guts to face her again.

So, I had waited in the car.

He had taken forever in there, and you would think after Dantè sweet talking her, and using his charm, it would end with some positive news, for example; her forgiving me. But nope. Angel has a special guy 'friend' named Erik. Dantè said they were really close, and for some reason, that infuriated me even more. I had to face her again, which is why I'm here now.

"Hi..." I heard her soft and gentle voice speak.

I replied with the first word that came to mind,