12

Rose POV

My vision was completely black. I couldn't hear anything but droplets of water hitting the ground. I moved my body and started to feel around and concluded that the ground was concrete. The surface was rough and had many cracks. I tried to stand up but felt the pain stab at my ankles. My ankles began to throb due to the pressure of the chains. I could not move around, but I tried to see how much space I had. I leaned to the side, my side completely throbbing in pain, and reached into the void. I could not feel anything to the side to me, in front, nor behind.

"Hello?" I spoke into the void. Nothing responded back. Sweat trickled against my skin. I took a deep breathe in as I tried to regain my focus on the plan to get out of these chains that snaked around my ankles and arms.

"Ah!" a female voice pierced the silence the void Rosé lived in.

Rosé looked up in confusion.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

The void continued to be silent as no one or thing moved or said anything. Metal clanked against the hard concrete causing the sound waves to echo among the cage Rosé was contained in. Voices continued to enter the space Rosé was confined in.

"You can't do that... you live in my house with my rules!" A deep controlling voice was heard. It seemed to belong to a man. Rosé could gathered the missing pieces to the mysterious puzzle and understood that she was in the basement of some kind. Not only was the situation she was in inhumane, but also equally terrifying. She was kept in someone's basement. The beauty in the situation was that someone could find her.

"Help! Somebody help me! I am trapped underneath you!" She screamed loud with a shaky voice.  Her voice began to crack as she has not had any water. Come to think of it she hasn't had food either. Would she starve? Will someone find her before she dies without food or water trapped in the never-ending void? As more thoughts began to invade her mind, she heard a click. She was scared. She hasn't heard any noise or movement since she has been awake. Wait, how long has she been gone? How long has she been awake? Suddenly bright lights invaded her sight causing her to flutter her eyes closed. She peeked through her eyelashes to see what had approached her. A man with faded blue jeans, which have been ripped, walked towards her with a tray. He wore a stained white shirt that had not been washed and as he placed the tray close enough so Rosé could reach it, the stench reeked from his proximity.

"Eat or starve. I don't want to hear a fucking peep out of you... you hear me!"

Rosé nodded in fear. Chilled to the bone, she sluggishly went towards the food and obtained the tray.

"Get out of my face!" The man screamed at Rosé. In fear she dropped the tray. Luckily only a little bit of water spilled. The man squeaked up the wooden stairs with every heavy step he took. He hung the keys to her metal home to the side close to the door. He smirked as he turned around. His crusty chapped lips smacked as he shook his head.

"Poor Ms. Park. How horrible it is to lose everything. I hope this teaches you a lesson to stay away from my family. You worthless child... messing up MY plans! You have no right to see your family until you listen and obey. I mean... you are a woman." He laughed maliciously as he turned around. He slammed the heavy door shut, and as he left, so did the light. The void surrounded her, grasping any hope she had left and squeezed it until nothing was left.

Drip... Drip... plop...

The sound of water was the only thing she could hear. Broken pipe? She thought as her skin began to react to the frozen temperature. Goosebumps traveled from her head to her feet, leaving trails of uncertainty along with it. She did not know where she was and only knew one escape route. How was she going to escape? Was she going to even live through this? Will she starve to death? 

.
.
.

Complete darkness welcomed Rosé's vision. The atmosphere was filled with uncertainty and contained a whiff of old metal. She awoke when a loud crashing came from above.

"Make me breakfast right now!" Rosé could tell it was the man from before.

"LISA! I SAID NOW!" He screamed.

Rosé froze. L-lisa? As in her Lisa? Wait. HER LISA? No that's not correct. She is just a friend.

"Go to school you slut. I don't want to see you anymore. Get out of my sight pathetic scum."

Rosé's lips curved into a frown. Her lips quivered as emotions sprang from her chest. Poor Lisa... She sprung to her feet as she heard heavy footsteps approaching the entrance. Light blinded Rosé as she looked toward the entrance.

"I have to get to work. Don't fuck around and make sure this is clean. I dont want to come home to a mess." he spat his words out viciously. He opened the basement door, which was hidden behind a picture frame in the living room, close to his room. He went down the stairs, slowly approaching Rosé.

"I think I like you down here. You can't give Lisa hope, you can't feel happiness just like me, and more importantly, you can't help Lisa. You can't love her, support her, any of the sort because its fucking disgusting. I may hate my daughter for all she put me through, but I won't let her become tainted by your tainted hands. If you die, I won't care, but I need you alive, I need you to control my daughter. You see, she thinks she can be mature and independant. She thinks she can be free of me. She can't. She wont. Thanks to you, she will lose hope. She will crumple like a piece of paper. So easy to shape and control." He laughed while he smiled. He went back up the stairs, and slowly turned.

"No food tonight. You need to lose that fat anyways." He smirked. He locked the door, the escape Rosé needed to be free.

The door leading presumably outside slammed, leaving the house filled with it's echos. I wonder, what would happen if I screamed? Would she hear me? The house is empty right now. I could give it one more shot she thought.

"Help! Lisa! Im stuck down here!" Rosé screamed.

Rosé was met with silence. Lisa couldn't hear her. No one could her her. She was... alone. Realization hit Rosé  like a truck. A truck with no brakes to stop its momentum. She was trapped. She was to never get out.

Rosé heard the light steps of Lisa from above. Does Lisa even care im gone? Do people even know I'm missing? Just as Rosé was about to sit down, she heard the TV click.

"Highschooler Chaeyoung Park, also known as Rosé has been missing for three days. Last seen sight was with her friend Jisoo Kim, who reported her disappearance. Detectives have searched everywhere and have commented on the fact she was kidnapped."

"Chaeyoung was indeed kidnapped. On the CCTV we saw the van and the kidnapper grab her frantically. The shape of the person seemed to be a male but nothing has been confirmed." A detective responded on the television.

"Reporters say her friend Jisoo, who reported Chaeyoung missing, tried to call and text her but had no response. She did not show up for school and suspicions grew. Thankfully her street had a camera set up. Detectives are working hard to find Chaeyoung and solve the case."

Rosé gasped. Three whole days? I have been trapped in this hell hole for three days? Will I ever be found?

Drip, drop... drip... drop..... plop.