Part 16

When I woke up I was fairly confused and slightly sore. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before trying to sit up. 

I felt a pair of arms wrapped tightly around my waist, keeping me pinned down. I let out a groan and looked at who was next to me and my eyes widened at the sight of Craig. 

I frantically looked around and realized I was on the couch in the living room. I stopped moving when Craig held on tighter to me and muttered something under his breath. 

I slowly started to remember what happened and quickly looked at the time on the cable box. It was only six in the morning but the sun was partially up and I could see the snow outside that was still slightly falling. 

I gently grabbed Craig's arms, careful to avoid his wrist, and removed his arms from my waist. I stood up and Craig scrunched up his face, still asleep, and practically hugged himself. 

I put my hand gently on his forehead and sighed at how his temperature was still the same as it was earlier that morning. 

I grabbed the bowl of now cold water and the three mugs that were on the coffee table and brought them into the kitchen where Karen was preparing breakfast. 

"Good Morning Hun. Did you sleep well?" She asked and I shrugged. 

"Y-Yeah..." I stuttered and she smiled at me before facing the stove again. 

"So when did Ruby and Craig get here?" she asked and I nervously laughed. 

"S-Sorry about them... I-It was l-late and Ruby c-came then C-Craig and I couldn't j-just let them f-freeze out there. C-Craig came during the Blizzard a-and R-Ruby w-was really upset when sh-she came," I said nervously and she laughed a bit. 

"It's fine, I was just wondering. Why did they come, though?" She asked and I shrugged. 

"R-Ruby and Karen had an a-argument a-and shed-didn't want to g-go to her h-home. I-It was l-late and D-dark so I couldn't l-let her go. C-Craig was... he c-came b-because he well... H-he got in a f-fight and c-couldn't go h-home," I technically didn't lie. 

She nodded at me with a chuckle. 

"You want to wake up Richard for me hun? We've got to be at the shop in less than twenty minutes," she said and I nodded before going out to the living room.  

I saw Craig sleeping somewhat soundly on the couch, snoring softly. I let out a sigh before going upstairs and knocked lightly on the far left door. 

"R-Richard? Are you a-awake?" I questioned and I heard a groan. 

"I'm up, Tell Karen I'll be right down. I just gotta get dressed," I heard Richard call out tiredly.

"O-Okay," I said before quickly going down the stairs. 

"Richard said that h-he'll be d-down soon," I said as I entered the kitchen to see Karen putting bacon on a plate. 

"Okay, thank you. Here Hun," she said as she held out the plate towards me which I politely declined. 

"N-no thanks. I-I'm not too hungry," I said and she raised her eyebrow. 

"Take one so I'm not worried about you all day," she said with a small smile making me chuckle and take a piece. 

"Th-thanks," I say before putting the piece of bacon in my mouth and going to make myself a cup of coffee. 

"Y'know Richard and I have this weekend off work, so maybe we could go out and do something?" She asked with slight hesitance. 

I thought about it for a moment before nodding. 

"Wh-what were you thinking?" I asked and she went over to one of the drawers and pulled out a notebook. 

She Places the journal on the counter next to me and I looked at it. 

"It has some all the events for this summer in it. I was thinking there was a music and arts festival on Saturday we could go to. They even have an open mic and Karaoke," she said making me pale a little. 

"Of course you don't have to perform if you don't want to," she quickly added making me let out a sigh of relief. 

"S-Sounds fun. W-Will it just be u-us three?" I asked and she shrugged. 

"I'm sure you'll run into some people you know," She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes that made me slightly nervous. 

"Morning, I need coffee and food," Richard said groggily as he entered the room. 

I let out a chuckle and sigh. 

"Why don't you go and see if Craig want's to go into your room or the guest?" Richard tiredly said as he poured himself a cup of coffee for himself. 

I nodded at the two adults before going back into the living room with my coffee and shaking Craig slightly. 

"C-Cold," he muttered making me sigh and place my coffee mug on the table and shaking him again. 

"C-Can you s-stand?" I asked and he lazily shook his head, his eyes still closed and his arms still wrapped around himself. 

"F-Fine, I'm C-carrying y-you then," I said and he shook his head. 

"You can't pi-" I cut him off by Picking him up bridal style, the blanket still wrapped around him. 

"Damn you're strong," he muttered as he rested his head on my shoulder. 

"Th-thanks," I said with a blush as I carried him up to my room. 

I gently kicked my door open and went to place Craig on the bed. He instantly reached for the blankets that were at the foot of the bed so I pulled them up and covered Craig up to his chin with them. 

He smiled like a child and started to cuddle in the blanket. 

"Better?" I asked and he let out a satisfied hum as he closed his eyes and rested his head on the pillow. 

"G'night ya d-dork," I said as I ruffled his hair before heading back downstairs to drink my coffee. 

You guys need to check out my A/N book! It has a new book preview that I'm writing and a vote for said Book aswell...