Part 19

Due to the fact that I completely forgot that Kenny's sister's name is Karen when I first started to write this whenever I say Karen and I'm talking about younger Karen it will be written like   Karen (Italics)  rather than Karen... Just saying

I was finally done with everything and I just had to change into them. 

I had found a building with a bathroom and quickly went into one of the stalls to change. I put on the shirt and shoes first and then the jacket and hat. 

I then looked at myself and smiled at how well the space theme came through. 

My shirt being Galaxy print, my shoes being a tie-dye pattern of dark blue, dark purple, and a light pink with white splatter paint, my black jean jacket that has a full moon on the back and then my hat was a black fedora that I had added a dark blue band around it. I stuffed my old shirt and shoes in my new Galaxy satchel with the solar eclipse on one side. 

I then looked at my phone and realized I only had three minutes to get back to the meetup spot so I rushed out of the bathroom and got to the spot as fast as I could. 

"You look amazing honey!" Karen said as I grabbed my knees and tried to catch my breath. 

"Th-thanks," I said before looking up and laughing slightly at their outfits. 

Karen was wearing a tie-dye shirt that was neon blue and pink with a yellow heart on it along with her original tennis shoes just with flowers painted on them. 

She was also wearing a scarf with a yellow water marble on it and a hair bow that was yellow and had glitter falling off of it onto her hair. Her jacket was a baby yellow with a smiling emoji on the back of it. 

"You look l-like the living d-definition of h-happy," I said with a chuckle and Richard nodded. 

"Thank you," Karen said in a proud tone before laughing and pointed at Richard. 

"Wh-why sandals?" I asked noting the blue and black sandals he was wearing. 

He shrugged I started laughing. 

"I have to admit that the black and white tie-dye goes great with the pink smiling sun hat," Karen said in between laughs making me laugh even more. 

"Th-the Green and purple jacket goes great with the red and b-b-blue backpack," I said and Karen nodded. 

"I think you won Richard," Karen laughed and I nodded in agreement. 

"For once I agree with you crazy people, trying to make matching outfits are for the blind. Only a true artist would see that matching outfits are so boring," Richard said dramatically before laughing. 

"Hey is that Craig and Ruby?" Karen asked pointing at two people that were leaving the tie-dye section, both wearing a blue and yellow tie-dye shirt. 

"I-I can't tell," I said and they shrugged in response . 

"Come one, I want to check out the Karaoke stage," Richard said as he started walking farther into the festival. 

"Best we follow him before he gets lost," Karen said with a laugh and I nodded before we followed Richard. 

"Tweek?" I heard a familiar voice question and I turned and saw Kenny with Karen looking in my direction so I waved at them and they quickly caught up to us. 

"Awesome outfit dude, the hat is a bit much so I'll just..." Kenny dragged on as he took the hat off my head and put it on myself. 

"Thanks, I m-made everything but my jeans," I said letting him keep the hat. 

"So where are you guys heading?" the younger girl asked and Karen pointed towards the stage that was a couple yards away from us with a huge flat screen facing the audience. 

"Didn't Craig and Ruby say they were going over there?" Kenny asked Karen who just shrugged in response with a glare to the ground. 

"You and R-Ruby still f-fighting?" I asked and she nodded causing me to sigh. 

"Y-you guys go ahead," I said as I grabbed Karen's arm and held her back. 

Kenny gave me a suspicious look but continued walking. 

"Wh-what is wrong?" I asked and she gave me an exasperated look. 

"She kissed me!" he whisper-yelled which caused me to sigh. 

"I g-get that, but I don't get w-why you're s-so mad at her," I said and she let out an annoyed sigh. 

"It's not just the kiss! It's her!" She exclaimed and I moved to the side of the walkway and sat down, patting a spot on the grass for her. 

She sat down and crossed her arms. 

"E-Explain," I said calmly and she glared at the ground. 

"She knew I liked- like Ike; everyone did. I had told Firkle and some other kids in our grade found out. While Ike is amazingly smart, he is still a grade below ours so the rumors of me liking him never reached him. Then she had not only told him but said it in a way that made it where there was a 100 percent chance that he'd reject me," she explained and I nodded. 

"S-so you think that she ruined y-your chances w-with him just to g-get with y-you," I said and she rolled her eyes. 

"I Know she did," Karen said but doubt was laced within her voice. 

"I-I don't think you d-do," I said and she shook her head. 

"I would never have thought she'd be the person to do something like that," She muttered and I shrugged. 

"H-How do you know sh-she told Ike?" I questioned and she let out a sigh. 

"There is this really nice girl in the grade below ours, I think her name is Rose or something. She told me and there is no reason or possibility that she lied. She is more pure-hearted than you and Butters combined and then some," she said and I shrugged again. 

"You are b-believing a r-random girl with a g-good reputation with e-everyone else rather than a g-girl who you've been friends w-with since forever?" I said in a questioning tone and she shrugged. 

"Why would Rose lie?" Karen asked and I shrugged. 

"Wh-why would Ruby lie?" I asked and she looked at her shoes. 

"I-I don't even know what Ruby has to say," she muttered and I shrugged as I spread my legs forwards and leaned back using my arms for support. 

"Y-You know, Ruby s-says she didn't even k-know you liked I-Ike," I said and she looked confused. 

"She should have," she simply stated and I shrugged as I looked back at the sun. 

"D-did you tell her?" I asked and she hesitated for a moment before shaking her head no. 

"Y-You should talk to her. E-even if you don't like h-her like that, why throw a-away a perfectly good friendship?" I said and she shrugged. 

"I think you are right. I should at least give her a chance to explain herself," Karen said and I nodded. 

"Sh-should we catch up to the others?" I asked and she nodded and stood up. 

I stuck my hand out and she laughed a little before pulling me up with a smile. 

"Can you maybe watch from a distance in case something goes wrong?" She asked and I only hummed in response. 

"Well then let's get to the karaoke!" she said excitedly, with a hint a worry in her voice. 

I just chuckled and nodded before letting her drag me to catch up to the others.