Dawn

July 24, 2018

Alex and Ashley were arriving to the arena for their first Smackdown Live together. They went to head their respective locker rooms to change for the show. Alex entered and saw there several of his co workers in the men's locker room. Claudio (Cesaro) was lacing up his boots, Ronnie (R-Truth) was listening to music, and Michael (The Miz) was talking on the phone. Alex sat down and unzipped his bag to get his ring gear for tonight. He soon saw a body walk towards him.

Claudio: Welcome to Smackdown, Alex.

Alex: Thanks Claude. It's great to be here.

Claudio: You finally decided to come to WWE, huh?

Alex: Yeah. I've done all I could on the indies. Now, I just want see what I can do here.

Claudio: You've done a lot and you've already made an impact in your first year. I hope we'll be able to work together, like old times.

Alex: Same. I'm sure we'll wrestle each other down the road.

Claudio: The sooner, the better. Well, good luck tonight. 

Alex: Thanks. You too.

10 Minutes Later

Alex was suited up and had the UK title strapped around his waist. He was going to catering when he was approached by Saraya (Paige). 

Saraya: Alex! Finally found you. I need to come to my office. We need to discuss something about tonight. 

Alex: Ok sure. 

The two proceeded to head to Saraya's office, where Fergal was sitting in.

Alex: Hey Ferg.

Fergal: Hey Al, how's it going.

Saraya: Ok boys, here is the plan. We want you to make an impact in your debut and we have something that'll do just that. Alex, you will be winning the Intercontinental Championship in your debut. You and Fergal will be embroiled in a feud, like you guys did in Japan over the Jr Heavyweight Championship. 

Alex: Wow... that's quite ambitious.

Fergal: How are we gonna open the rivalry?

Saraya: Ah yes. Fergal, you will be cutting a promo about the draft and challenge Alex for some unfinished business from long ago. You'll put the title on the line to bait him.

Alex: I have a question. What's gonna happen with the UK Championship. 

Saraya: Well, I don't want you to be to exhausted from having to defend two titles at the same time so you'll forfeit the title next week. 

Alex: Oh I see...

Saraya: I would have preferred you have you lose it in a match but I want you focus on one thing at a time to not overwork yourself. 

Alex: I understand Saraya. Thanks. 

Saraya: So gentlemen, am I clear?

Alex and Fergal: Yes ma'am.

Saraya: Good. I wish the both of you luck.