Chapter nineteen

Edited as of July 22

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link

Class ended and everyone was going home. Expect for me. The office had told me that my dad would be staying at work late so I stayed at school. It's fine with me anyways. It didn't want to go home but with my dad coming home late, he might come home all stumbly and mean. Then again, where would I go after school?

Dark forgot about the whole thing after school which I'm happy about. But how am I going to get home. Zelda went home early. Daruk takes the bus, Urbosa walks the opposite way, and Mipha gets picked up by her nanny. So no one could really take me home.

I went back to the office, opening the door slowly and walked inside to the front desk. The lady sat at her desk focusing on her computer. While another lady was working on paper work. I had to get one of them to see me but which one. The computer lady looks busy and the paper work lady is too. Maybe I'll just tell her though since she's closer.

"Erm... miss paper work lady?" I said, looking over the large desk that reached from one wall to the other. She turned around and looked down at me.

"Oh hello. And what can I do for you?" Her voice was soft and sweet making me ease down a little.

"I-I want to check if Ms. Nabooru was here with the cow-sol-er?" I didn't now how to say 'counselor' since we haven't learned those big words yet. But I tried.

She giggled softly, "you mean the counselor, sweetie? Yes she should be here. Let me get you inside." She got off her spinning chair and walked to the other side of the large desk, opening a small door that was attached to the desk letting me in. I walked to the counselor room to see the counselor lady with Ms. Nabooru.

"Link. What are you doing here?" A smile stretched her lips as she turned her body to me.

I fiddled with the end of my shirt, tugging at it as I stammered, "I-I was wondering i-if you could take me h-home because my daddy is going to be... home late today..." she and the counselor blinked a couple of times at me before a small chuckled escaped both their lips.

"Of course I could take you Link. Let me just grab my stuff, okay?" She got up from the chair and grabbed her bag and coat from a near by coffee room. She had the coat over her arm and her bag in her other hand. She smiled and nodded her head back gesturing me it's time to go.

I got off the seat slowly and walked to her, grabbing her hand as we walked out to her car.

The ride didn't take long but we did stop by to grab some lunch since I was hungry mostly because I didn't have lunch today. She pulled up to the large drive way, stopping so I could open the door.

"Thank you, Ms. Nabooru." I closed the car door shut and ran to the door hearing a faint 'your welcome, Link' as she drove off. I watched her maroon car leave, seeing another car in the drive way. I didn't recognize it from any cars I've seen from my dad's past friends or "customers" and this car was not familiar to me.

I opened the door, walking inside and throwing my backpack on the couch. I jumped up to reach the coushin and sat down grabbing the remote and turning on the tv to my favorite show.

"Mr. Hero! Mr. Hero! Mr. Hero will be there for you! In times of trouble, he's always on the double it's Mr. Hero!"

The theme song continued in the background when I got up to get my chocolate milk. When I was about to go back, I heard snoring come from the guest room that was near the kitchen. My dad wasn't home yet so... could that be the person with that car?

I walked over to the door, putting my ear against the cold wooden frame to hear the snores. They were loud so it was pretty easy to hear it. I tried opening the door but it was locked. Wonder why. I just shrugged it off and went back to the living room to watch Mr. Hero.

The show ended around three and I was getting tired but before I could even get up I felt massive hands grab my shoulder. I instantly tensed up, not even wanting to look back to see who it was.

"Hey," the voice was deep and husky sending chills down my spin as it continued, "what are you doing here?" I gulped, breathing slowly as I turned around to face whoever was holding my shoulder. It was a big man. All muscle. His hair was tied in a really loose, and messy bun. Then I realized he looked like the man from before. The man I met when I first got here.

"Wait a minute. Your Gans kid aren't you?" He leaned down closer to my face, a finger stroking his chin in thought as he examined me. I nodded slowly but questioned myself.

'Who is Gan?'

"That's right! Your that little squirt he brought home a couple of week ago. Surprised your still here." He chuckled deeply, making me get goosebumps. I nodded again. To afraid to even speak.

Like always.

"I didn't know you were here. Were you here all day or just came back from somewhere? If it was somewhere your not suppose to be, I won't tell your old man." He winked at me, whispering the last part. I couldn't help but laugh. He was different from the other guys. More... fun?

I shook my head, getting enough courage to speak now. "I was at school. But where would I go though that's bad?" I laughed softly. He laughed and shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest. "Don't know."

This guy was different and I like that he was different from the others. He didnt want to hurt me or use me for anything. And I'm glad he didn't!

"Wanna watch Mr. Hero with me? Another episode is about to start again." He tapped his chin, a funny thought thinking look. I laughed quietly. He nodded and jumped over  the couch right next to me.

"Sure kid. Let's watch some Mr. Hero!" He exclaimed.