Chapter twelve

Edited as of July 22

Link

I got to school late, again! Luckily it's Friday but still. This is my eleventh tardy this month. And if I keep coming late my teachers would suspect something and I would get in trouble because of it by my dad.

I slowly slipped into class as Miss Fi was distracted writing on the board. But of course, Dark Link had to say something about it.

"Miss Fi, I think we got a late student coming in." He snickered quietly. I bit my lip slumping into my seat, looking down at my feet.

She turned around to face the front where I sit and hummed to his comment. "What do you mean?" She asked. And I could feel him pointing straight to my back. "Link." Her voice was soft but sounded kind of hurt. I glanced up with an innocent smile replying with a soft 'Yes'. She shook her head and continued with her lesson.

After The bell rang for recess, Miss Fi called me up to her desk again. I sighed internally and got nervous again. She rubbed her fingers at the bridge of her nose.

"Link, we need to discuss about your tardies." I looked down, rubbing my long sleeve covered arm that covered my other new cuts and bruises. "So, during this period you'll go to the counselors office and talk about the tardies you've been having." Fi explained. My heart stopped. I had to explain to the counselors about why I'm always late. If I tell them that then... I'd be in big trouble for real!

I nodded slowly, bitting the inside of my lips. She smiled releasing me to recess. I walked out only having 10 minutes to talk with Zelda if she's there and tell her about what happened. Well not why I can't go of course but mostly about the counselor thing.

I walked to the tree but didn't see Zelda there or anywhere for that fact. I couldn't find her in the basketball courts, field, or jungle gym. She was no where. So I just decided to go back to class since recess was about to end.

Once the bell rang I was already in my seat and all the students were coming in. Except for Miss Fi. She wasn't coming in and didn't for about 30 minutes. Half the time she was gone everyone was up and out of their seats just talking and messing around. I just stayed in my seat the whole time, since I don't really talk to anyone in class. Besides from Ila, and Midna, but they're not here today so I just stayed in my seat.

Class only had about 10 minutes left and with those last few minutes, Miss Fi came back in. Her head hung low and her body slump. I looked up at her making eye contact with her. Her eyes filled with sadness and guilt. I swallowed hard, having a gut feeling that for whatever reason she looks sad, It's most likely about... me.

"Everyone," she paused taking a deep breath before continuing, "You all may leave early for the day. But, I need to talk to one of you before you go." She glanced around the room her gaze focusing on me. I didn't even want to face her or anyone. 

Everyone was glad and small 'yay' and 'finally' were heard from the students. Mostly from Dark Link and his friends. They all packed up their backpacks and started for the door. But I didn't budge. I stayed in my seat fiddling with my thumbs while the rest of the class was leaving.

Miss Fi walked up to me slowly, leaning over my desk as her arms supporting her weight up. I kept looking down at my feet and thumbs, as my heart kept beating faster and faster.

"Link." She started. I hummed in repsonse. "I talked to the counselor just right now and the therapist..."

'Therapist? Therapist! Why would she talk to the therapist? I thought it was just the counselor. Not the therapist person!'

"T-thera- pis?" I asked hesitantly. She nodded, walking back to her desk and leaning her back/ butt against it. "Yes and... Link, later this week, some people are going to come over to your house. Since you were adopted, right?" I nodded again and she continued, "So, they are going to come to your house to see your... life style. And if that home is a stable environment for you growing up in, since your always late to class and seem to always be wearing long sleeves even when it's hot." She pointed out. I bit my lip, now rubbing my covered arms. Which I may add is a long sleeved shirt.

"Link We just want to make sure your alright in your new home." She reassured. I nodded again, sighing softly. "Okay. You can go home now Link. See you tomorrow. And I will Inform you when the visit will be." She smiled softly. I packed my things and walked go the door, giving her a fake smile before leaving.

I walked to the front of the school to see that my dad was waiting for me. His gaze on his phone. I took a deep breath and slowly approached his car, opening the car door. I sat down, strapping in with the seat belt, and placing my backpack between my legs.

"Why are you late?" He asked sternly. His gaze not leaving his phone.

"Um... I... i... I was talking to... my teacher." I stuttered. He raised an eyebrow, turning to face me.

"Just talk?"

I didn't really get what he meant by "just talk." But I just nodded, looking out the window. I heard him humphf and start the car engine as we drove off back home.