Chapter thirteen

Edited as of July 22

Link

It's already Friday, so a week went by and the people my teacher said were going to come, didn't. Which wasn't a bother to me at all. What scares me most was when they might come. They could come anytime and I wouldn't be ready or my dad wouldn't. What if they come by when my dad's friends are over? Or if when he's hurting Me? What'll I say or do? He'll probably still hurt me again later but... I don't know what to do.

After my dad's friends left, it was quiet. No laughing or arguing. I kind of like it. But didn't at the same time. You could hear my dad's footsteps come from the kitchen and to the living room where I was playing. I had blocks, cars, and a small rug on the floor that looked like a race car track. My dad sat down on the sofa beside me, turning on the television.

I looked up at him holding up a red and black mustang hot wheel. He looked down at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Wanna play?" I smiled. He rolled his eyes but shrugged.

"Sure kid. I'll play." He went down next to me, sitting on his knees taking the hot wheel from my hands.

I smiled grabbing a green and blue car and placed it on the car track rug. He did the same as I did.

"Okay, you move the car along the track and the first one to the finish line wins!" I explained. He nodded and got ready.

"3..."

"2..."

"1, Go!"

With that last count down, my dad and I were crawling along the rug with the cars on the track. By the time we got to the end, my dad won and smiled triumphantly.

"Ha! I win kid!" He bragged.

"Hey! No fair your bigger!" I crossed my arms, chuckling.

"And your smaller, more agile to get through the rug and win. But you didn't." He smirked.

I pouted looking away from him. He chuckled, standing up and lifting me up along with him. He carried me up, his arm under my bottom and the other supporting my back. He looked at me with his gold yellow eyes and straight in my blue eyes.

"Don't pout at me just because you lost to me. But it was fun doing that little... contest." He smiled. Hearing those words made my heart stop and beat again just a little faster.

'He actually liked playing with me... He liked it. I can't believe it! '

"Y-you had fun?" I asked hesitantly. He looked at me and nodded with a bright smile forming on his lips. I smiled happily, and hugged him tightly. I could tell he was taken back by my sudden action but he soon hugged me back with a warm embrace. I smiled and ended up snuggling with him and soon falling asleep on his shoulder.

I only wished happy moments like these could last a life time. But... they always end badly.